Text Online very difficult to use
byroniac
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone having problems using Text Online? I login and get my text messages, but most of the time, as soon as I click on some message thread the web page will go into an almost never-ending refresh loop before stopping long enough to display the message conversation. I have tried several browsers, and different machines. Worse, I can start typing a reply to someone, and I will seldom get to finish it, or if I do finish it, it seldom actually sends, because the web page goes through another refresh loop. This feature needs to be seriously revisited and fixed and revised by Verizon. I miss the old Desktop application because at least it worked. I thought a web page would be almost as good, and easier for Verizon to provide and maintain, but I am not sure it is even worth trying to use sometimes.

Re: Text Online very difficult to use
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

byroniac Are you referring to Verizon Message+? If so, are you able to use it on your cell phone? Do you have the same problem? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@byroniac wrote:

Anyone having problems using Text Online? I login and get my text messages, but most of the time, as soon as I click on some message thread the web page will go into an almost never-ending refresh loop before stopping long enough to display the message conversation. I have tried several browsers, and different machines. Worse, I can start typing a reply to someone, and I will seldom get to finish it, or if I do finish it, it seldom actually sends, because the web page goes through another refresh loop. This feature needs to be seriously revisited and fixed and revised by Verizon. I miss the old Desktop application because at least it worked. I thought a web page would be almost as good, and easier for Verizon to provide and maintain, but I am not sure it is even worth trying to use sometimes.

Here's a link to the Win 10 desktop app v1.0.17.0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/biatyb1m6egwx1t/Win10%20Message%2B%20v1.0.17.0.exe?dl=0

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
byroniac
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, it is the "Text Online" functionality at www dot verizonwireless dot com, when used on my Windows 10 PC.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

byronia, thanks for those details. Is the Verizon Message up to date with the latest version? 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
byroniac
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, this has nothing to do with Verizon Messages or any other phone app. It is a problem with the "Text Online" portal on the website when I access it using a browser on my desktop PC, i.e. this is the link from the Verizon website menu: https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do . I suppose not many people must use this, or perhaps there would be more complaints. Sometimes it works fairly well and other times, not at all. I did not know where to post a complaint and/or request for help, so I chose this as being the closest I could find.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the clarification. It appears you are referring to the text online service via My Verizon. (see link below) This service does not guarantee delivery to non-Verizon phone numbers. May I ask, are you experiencing this issue with numbers outside our network? Do you have any pending updates on the PC that you are using?

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-54302/

JoshuaC_VZW

byroniac
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for that information. Most of the numbers I use I am certain are on the same Verizon network. My problem is really with the web site functionality itself. The page constantly refreshing, often in the middle of trying to type a message, is very disruptive. Something is particularly strange with JavaScript behavior on this page, is my guess. I also keep all of my computers up to date, and I check my phone for updates frequently (though not every day). So I do not think it is a network issue as much as it is a web app functionality issue, the best I can tell.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming, byroniac. Please download the Verizon Messages (Messages+) app on your desktop and retest: http://spr.ly/660910Tv3. Please keep us posted.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Thanks for confirming, byroniac. Please download the Verizon Messages (Messages+) app on your desktop and retest: http://spr.ly/660910Tv3. Please keep us posted.

TracyB_VZW

@vzw_customer_support , @tracyb_vzw   Funny, following your link the instructions there, searching the Windows Store for Message+ DOESN'T find a Verizon Messaging app!  Why am I not surprised?

Windows Store Message+.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes