Text Messages
MadKat2

May seem like a silly question, but is there any way to block a number in my phone so I would be unable to call or text message?  I take ambien and have been known to text or call people and not remember the next day.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Messages
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2

I know there are ways to block a number from calling or texting you, but as far as preventing outgoing calls to a specific #, I don't believe VZW has the option for that.

0 Likes
veronique
hi, i have a problem. Somebody text me on my cell phone and I keep receiving the same text message over and over again. it says duplicate message. and it charges me every time i receive this. is there a way to block this thing? i paid more than 1.5$ on this duplicate message by now and it's really bothering me. i receive it every 2 minutes. i keep my cell phone off because of it. can you please help me?
0 Likes
Granna

You can block #'s incoming or outgoing. Go to usage controls in MyVerizon and you can set the numbers to block, I think you can block upto 10 #'s they charge you 5.00 a month for the service

Hope that helps

0 Likes
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2
It's 20 btw, referenced as Verizon Safeguards to the left side of the My services area
0 Likes