Text Messages Sent as Chat?
sherrydavis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a realtor and depend on being able to send text messages.  Since the latest update, I have a client that is not receiving my texts.  It is the only client that is having this problem.  They are being sent as "Chat" instead of "SMS".  What can I do to fix this?  I have uninstalled the updates in Application Manager.  That seems to be a "working" temporary solution, but obviously I no longer have any of the updates.  Please let me know what is happening and when this update will be fixed.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text Messages Sent as Chat?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Some Verizon Messages(Message+)users experiencing an issue receiving multiple pin messages or are unable send messages. We are aware of the issues and are working on a resolution to address the issue. For a temporary workaround please use the native messaging application.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Text Messages  Sent as Chat?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are several other threads discussing the details about the latest version of the Verizon Messages+ application. You might want to check them out.

You can uninstall that application and use the default messaging application from your phone's manufacturer. On the Samsung and LG phones it could be called Messaging and has a white and yellow icon. Other manufacturer's phones will have a similar application on them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

sherrydavis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to use message+ like I have for years.  Why can't Verizon fix the

update that caused this problem in the first place?

Sherry [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Some Verizon Messages(Message+)users experiencing an issue receiving multiple pin messages or are unable send messages. We are aware of the issues and are working on a resolution to address the issue. For a temporary workaround please use the native messaging application.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jgraybill
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to revert back to my phone's stock messaging app, and completely stopped receiving messages from anyone including non-verizon customers and non-message+ users. I tried re-enabling notifications and restarting my phone, I did everything I can think of, and I had to go back to messages+ just to be able to see some texts I was missing but I know for a fact I'm not getting other texts because my boss screamed at me for not texting him the number of a client he was on his way to meet. What else can I do?? I'm afraid to delete the account like other people on here suggested, and that uninstalling updates will do more damage.

0 Likes
jgraybill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Uninstalling the app and reverting back to the stock message program completely prevented me from getting any texts at all. Please don't advise people to do this.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm just another customer like yourself so then is no need to snap at me.  I don't use the Messages+ application because I never cared for the format. I'm not having any problems with not receiving text messages.  I was also only repeating the advice others gave in the other thread.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sherrydavis
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh so sorry, I thought this was a reply from Verizon.  I did not mean to be

rude.  Hope they find a solution quick.  It is frustrating for all of us!

Sherry [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Pjgraber03
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay this might be long-winded. But I figured out what exactly is going on with the new Verizon messages update. The new version allows Verizon users using the updated version to send and receive messages without a problem. Verizon users who are using the old Verizon messages version will not receive messages from people who have the updated version of Verizon messages. But the other issue is if a Verizon customer is using say a stock messaging app or an aftermarket messaging app such as Handcent and the other Verizon customers using the updated Verizon messaging app they will not receive messages on Handcent or stock messaging app from the updated Verizon Messages app. There seems to be a communication error with the server on the new app. I'm looking into error logs to figure out what exactly is causing these messages not to come through the app. I'm going to send my logs and my results to Verizon once I get them finished. There is no easy answer to how to fix this. As some people on Verizon will be using the updated messaging app. Or a stock messaging app. Which requires you to be using two different versions Verizon messages. So the only solution to this problem that I have found is to either use a stock messaging app that comes with a Android or an aftermarket messaging app such as Handcent. This is the only solution that allows everybody to send and receive messages to and from you until Verizon fixes the bug in this new version. I hope this helps and I didn't confuse you. It took me awhile to figure out exactly the different bugs that we're going on in this problem. So again the only solution to this problem at this time is to use a stock messaging app that comes with Android not Verizon messages or an aftermarket messaging apps such as Handcent.

jgraybill
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was not snapping in any sense, just warning you and many others to not tell people to do this. I can imagine it will lead to an array of issues that I am currently experiencing, which is to say I'm not getting any messages from anyone on any platform now. I'm frustrated, in an understatement, but absolutely not taking it out on you.

0 Likes