Text Message not sent.....Help
blueyes70

Pleasse help..I'm having trouble text messaging to 1 of my contacts.  Anytime I try to send a text to this contact, it takes awhile (shows the green arrow) but then a red X shows 'Msg not sent' 

The thing is I've been texting this contact for over a year and now suddenly it doesn't work??? 

It seems since I can send messages to other contacts, it wouldn't be my issue, but this contact isn't having any other problems getting messages from their contacts.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Message not sent.....Help
LCITE

Just today I am not able to send texts to any contact. I also get a red circle with an x.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want those messages to go through blueeyes70! What make and model device are you using? What messaging app? Can you make calls to this contact? Is this contact with another carrier?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No texts=no fun LCITE! What make and model device is this? What messaging app are you using? Have you tried power cycling(off/on) your device Can you receive messages?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jules1959

My RAZR HD is doing the same thing. Texts are not being sent and I receive a red X. I rely pn my phone fro work and send and receive many Text'x everyday. I wonder how many I am not getting also. Please help!

Message was edited by: Julie

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am here to further assist you Jules1959. I rely on my text messages for everything! Do you have a lot of threads in your text message application? If you have a lot of messages built up in the app, I would suggest deleting some of the messages.  Are you having any issues with phone calls or with your data? Another thing that I would recommend is to pull the sim card from the device. Follow this link and it will give you the steps on how to complete: http://vz.to/19yE5pf Keep us posted if this works or not. I want to get to the bottom of this ASAP.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Areyis
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having a similar issue, it is not showing ANY of the texts prior to my signing up for the app. I am not certain if that's because it's just how it works. Or perhaps because I generally use the full text function and don't send SMS.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Areyis - Let's make sure your applications are working as they should! What is the name of the application you are using? Are text showing in the native Messaging application? I am eager to get to the bottom of this!

Thank you ,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
astrauss
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here.  Started about a week and a half ago 85% of my texts are undeliverable.  Getting super frustrating.  It has to be a service issue, not device.

Deedeemakeup
Enthusiast - Level 1

Beyond pissed off !!! I have the new BB q10 and I can NOT get my txt messages at all!!!!  It have been having problems on and off since New Year's Eve ! 

0 Likes