Stop Ozmail texts
mercedesgirl13

Someone please tell me what to do to stop Ozmail texts.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stop Ozmail texts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
http://community.vzw.com/t5/Wireless-Feature-Questions-Other/Oz-Mail-Communications-Mods-with-answer...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you Ann154 for your response. I appreciate you taking the time to help out our community members.

@mercedesgirl13,

Visit this link for instructions on how you can stop the Oz Mail notifications.

Please post here if you have any further questions regarding the Oz Mail notifications and I'll be more than happy to assist you.

Tsully

I am also having the issue with the ozmail texts. I replied to the message with "STOP" but I am still receiving the texts.  I do not have my old device..Please help!

0 Likes
bridley

What is OZMAIL anyway?  I don't have a hotmail account.

As Verizon customers, we should not be subjected to these OZMAIL spams.  Verizon needs to to figure out how to stop these spams from getting into the system.

Also, the "fix" mentioned in the OZMAIL text says, "Reply to this message to stop these alerts." It does not say anything about what word or message to put into the text.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

You are more than likely subject to receive OZMAIL alerts if you had mobile email set up on a basic phone & you upgraded to a smart phone and added that email address. It doesn't have to be a hotmail account specifically.

Once you opt out of OZMAIL as detailed in the previous post, it can take 48-72 hours for the OZMAIL to stop coming through to your phone.

If you are still receiving OZMAIL, Private Message (PM) me in order for me to further assist.

Thanks!

steevo

I have been on 6 tech calls and each one attempts the OZMAIL tool fix and still get OZMAIL text. Last tech tells me to remove my live.com account from my new smartphone and then 3 days later add the email account back. I waited a week and when I added the email account to my new smartphone I get that darn OZMAIL text message 20 seconds later. grrrrrrr. What is this issue with an old phone email alert carry over. My old flip phone received alerts but never used this for email. So anyway, after being a Verizon customer since 1989 (Bell Atlantic back then) this is the very first time there has been a tech issue not resolved after many calls and many tech attempting to resolve this isse. What does anyone advise? TIA

-steevo

0 Likes
pfoster

how do we pm you for help in stoping these texts?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

pfoster wrote:

how do we pm you for help in stoping these texts?

It is a Direct Message now.  Click on the Wireless employee username and in the profile page click on the follow button.  Once they approve you, you should be able to send them a "DM" or Direct Message.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.