Re: Smartwatch issue with new Message+
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

That's not entirely true.  You can use any SMS app you want, including the manufacturer's app.  Whispersystem's Signal is great.  Hangouts, Facebook Messenger, and a plethora of other SMS/MMS apps exist.  That said, you shouldn't have to do that, Verizon needs to step up and fix their junk rather than continue to push broken, poorly designed, and with a MAJOR privacy vulnerability on customers.

0 Likes
cursix
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having this issue on my huawei watch as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting rid of unwanted prompts from your smart watch is a must TubaOrNotTuba. I appreciate all the details and screen shots you have provided in this thread and I have passed this feedback up to our application developers to review. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
muvotx
Contributor - Level 2

I don't know What you guys did on the latest Verizon message+, but it is COMPLETELY broken as per the comments in this thread.  But mine has gotten much WORSE....

About 2 days ago it completely dis-connected itself from my moto 360 Gen-2 (46mm).  By that I mean completely terminated message+ notifications.  I tried everything to get it to recognize the watch and could not get it to sync-up.

I cleared all cache, all data, turned off and then on ALL notifications, disabled and re-enabled message+... Still no  incoming text notifications at all.

I cleared all cache from Android Wear, turned off and then on ALL Android Wear notifications, and once again repeated all the above steps with message+.... still no incoming text notifications at all were getting to my watch.

THERE IS A SOLUTION....

Deactivate and terminate everything having to do with message+ (clear cache, clear data, restrict background data, terminate all permissions, force stop and disable).  Its carrier bloatware so unfortunately it can not be completely un-installed without rooting.

Download and install Google messenger.  This is the OEM text app that comes with the Google branded phones.  So far, going on 1 week its been awesome.  Very streamlined, compact, and efficient.  PERFECT sync-ing with my moto 360 gen2.  Best of all the voice recognized texting function works MUCH better, faster and more accurate than message+.

0 Likes
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

I had the same problem too.  The only solution I found was to check the "Enable Popup" option.  While I was excited to see the Heads up Notification option, if you enable that you get no notices on your smartwatch.  This is just yet another example of clueless programmers at Verizon's 3rd party contractor (Verizon doesn't actually write this software so they really have no control over it) not having the equipment or wherewithal to actually test what they write.

BTW, be careful using the four letter "R" word here.  Despite the bloatware that exactly zero Verizon customers want, the "R" word is definitely a four letter word here.  If Verizon doesn't like it perhaps they should fill OUR phones that we PAY FULL PRICE for with their unwanted bloatware.  If they actually believed we wanted their junk, like VZNavigator (who's dumb enough to pay for navigation in the day of Google Maps and Waze????), they'd let us uninstall it and those who wanted it would keep it. Eventually, the Samsung's, LG's, HTC's, etc... of the world will stand up to Verizon (and the other carriers) and tell them "We're not installing any more junk on our phones.  Take them our way or see if you can make it selling only iPhones."  Verizon and the others would back down so fast it'd make everyone's heads spin!

0 Likes
cursix
Enthusiast - Level 2

I fortunately have a Google Nexus 6 and therefor have the option to uninstall Message+ which I have done due to the nagging Calling Setup and lack of working notifications. In fact, that should say something; I actually had installed and used message+ for 2 years on a device where I did NOT have to because I liked some of the features it provided and it did not cause any issues running. But now I simply can't use it on my phone with my watch attached. I can still use it on my tablet and PC though my phone does not get a copy of the 'sent' messages because of that.

0 Likes
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

LG V20

Moto360 Gen 2

Well I spoke too soon.  By 6.4.5 and now with 6.4.6 smartphone connectivity is BROKEN beyond usability. Messages from EVERY OTHER app - native e-mail, Outlook, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, Hangouts, Calendar, calls, alarms, Google Voice, Twitter, pretty much EVERY other app I get notifications on my watch from work perfectly, ALL BUT Message+.

Come on Verizon, is no testing actually done before you release a version?  Please keep in mind those of us with smartwatches tend to be the more technically savvy users and we're not going to tolerate mediocre code without a backlash.

0 Likes
cursix
Enthusiast - Level 2

With about a week of testing, I'm not seeing any of these issues anymore. I'm getting notifications from message+ on my Huawei Watch and actually able to reply to them. I'm no longer getting the "Call Setup" and it seems the watch app uses the bluetooth with the phone instead of trying to use wifi. The only thing I haven't tried yet is turning my phone off and seeing if message+ on my watch can still work via wifi.

A few things I did that might be relevant. I had fully uninstalled message+ off my Nexus 6, which is running Android 7.1.1. I installed the entire thing after they released the newest version and did a 'sync apps' on my watch. I don't know if I'm not seeing this because of the full uninstall or the fact I have a play store Nexus 6 and have manually updated it to 7.1.1.

0 Likes
muvotx
Contributor - Level 2

Im going on a little over a week now with Google messenger (their OEM app).  Performance has been spot on.  Perfect sync with my moto 360.

For whatever reason, its voice recognition for text messaging is MUCH faster and more accurate too, at least than Verizon message+.

0 Likes
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

Has anyone noticed that Verizon Customer Support chimed in 15 days ago and NOTHING since?  Maybe we need to violate their ToS so they actually get a look at the thread again.  That seems to be the only way to get their attention.

0 Likes