Re: Smart emojis won't turn off
Not applicable

HI EVERYONE,

With regard the 'smart emoji wont' turn off' discussion, there are 2 sets of emojis:

#1- The app's emojis, which you turn off by unchecking the box int he Settings.

#2- Is in the keyboard, which is a separate set of emojis, but one we cannot access or turn off.

We recognize that many users do not want the images floating around in their messages. However, if you continue to type, the emoji does not load. In other words, if you don't tap on the word bubble, the image will not appear.  This is how both groups - those who want, and don't want- are serviced when it comes to 'emojis'.

Thanks,

ALIEM@VERIZONMESSAGES

Tags (1)
0 Likes
lanric
Enthusiast - Level 2

What happens is some words appear with those grey boxes. Sometimes they autopopulate, which is annoying.I want to turn this whole thing off. The smart emoji box is unchecked already

vanewerks
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is NOT the correct answer for the latest version of Verizon Messenger.

Is there any resolutions for this?!?! In a previous version of Verizon Messenger, I was able to shut these off but when I upgraded to the Galaxy s10+, I couldn't get the Smart Emojis turned off and it's been frustrating me for MONTHS. I've already turned off the setting in Verizon Messenger and the "smart" emojis are still popping up. They make it difficult to edit messages and, in general, are just in the way and ridiculous. It is NOT the keyboard because it doesn't happen in any other application. There is a bug in Verizon Messager where the setting to shut off the smart emojis doesn't work.

Please fix this so we can turn them off! Otherwise, I'm moving to another application for messaging.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vanewerks wrote:

This is NOT the correct answer for the latest version of Verizon Messenger.

Is there any resolutions for this?!?! In a previous version of Verizon Messenger, I was able to shut these off but when I upgraded to the Galaxy s10+, I couldn't get the Smart Emojis turned off and it's been frustrating me for MONTHS. I've already turned off the setting in Verizon Messenger and the "smart" emojis are still popping up. They make it difficult to edit messages and, in general, are just in the way and ridiculous. It is NOT the keyboard because it doesn't happen in any other application. There is a bug in Verizon Messager where the setting to shut off the smart emojis doesn't work.

Please fix this so we can turn them off! Otherwise, I'm moving to another application for messaging.

Considering you replied to a thread from 2016, it is entirely possible the application has changed a lot since then. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes