Sending texts to at&t user
cha242

I know this is a common issue but my friend and I have doing whatever we can.  We've called our providers twice already and they both say that the systems are fine.  There's still a latency problem in the at&t side receiving the messages 8 to 14 hours later.  I've been see the recommendation of *228/option 1 and then I saw *228/option 2.  What do these funtions do?

Changing my phone number is my very last resort.  Any recommondations?

Thanks to all for your comments.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sending texts to at&t user
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
The *228 functions just update your roaming list w/ the closest towers in your area or a refresh of you cell phone altogether.  If you are sending and recieving txt from other cariers w/o any issue, its definitely an issue on the AT&T side.
0 Likes
Re: Sending texts to at&t user
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

*228 Option 1 is used when you change the phone on a number and need to program that number into the phone. It loads the phone number into the phone, loads the roaming list and resets couple of other things to the default (lock code changes to the last 4 of the phone number). Usually you only do this once on the phone. If a tech tells you to then do it, but you don't need to do this according to any regular schedule.

*228 Option 2 loads the tower or roaming list into the phone. This is tower list for the entire country not just the local area. If you're going to travel do it in a verizon area before you leave and you will have the latest tower list for where you're going.

0 Likes