Sending picture messages as video messages?
sarahh321

Whenever I send a picture message, it shows on my phones as a picture message but whoever receives the picture message it shows up as a video message? What's going on with that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sending picture messages as video messages?
Not applicable

I can certainly understand how confusing this can be.  I have a few questions for you so I can better understand the situation.  How long has this been an issue for you?  When the person you send it to gets the message are they able to see the picture?  Can you try sending yourself the photo and tell me how it is delivered?  Have you had any other issues with the phone?  Please answer some of these questions so I can resolve your issue.  Thank you.

0 Likes
sarahh321

It's been going on for about 2-3 months now. When the person that receives the message views it, they can see the picture but it plays like a video. Well when I sent a picture to myself, it just shows it as a picture message and not as a video like it does with everyone else. I haven't had any other issues with the phone. I just got a new one about a week ago and I figured it would stop doing this, but it hasn't.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
What is the phone model you are using? Android phones always receive pictures messages as video/sideshow messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sarahh321

I had a Samsung Rouge when it started and now I have a Pantech Breakout. Really? Thats weird. I guess that's probably why then! Thanks!

0 Likes