Scheduled messages not working on the Verizon Message Plus App on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
UNIQUEDREAMER87

For a week now the schedule messages on my verizon message plus app has not been working. The option is there and I can schedule a message but it does not send. When the time that the message was supposed to send out rolls around the message has just disappeared from the outgoing box. I need this option to be working as the issue is with our work number/tablet.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Scheduled messages not working on the Verizon Message Plus App on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
abbeyannallen

Same! I'm really hoping this gets fixed ASAP, as I use this feature a lot for work. I have the Google Pixel XL and work for Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes
Re: Scheduled messages not working on the Verizon Message Plus App on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

UNIQUEDREAMER87, we want to be sure you can take advantage of the scheduled messages anytime you need it. Since it’s been happening for a week, do you recall any changes to the phone or app around that time? Is the issue consistent or intermittent? Have you checked for any new updates with the Verizon Messaging app or system?

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
drewmvshs
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has started happening to me as well!  I usually only schedule between 1 to 3 messages at a time and to 1 recipient.  The last few times I have scheduled texts, not every scheduled text is sent... they would just disappear from all record as if they were never created to begin with.  Other times, when only 1 or 2 texts are scheduled, none would send... they just vanished after the time they were supposed to have been sent.  Granted, I don't use the feature daily or even several times a weeks... so, even though I've only just recently noticed this problem, it could have begun weeks, maybe months ago.  I usually use the feature once a week, but it's still an important feature to me.

Regarding the issue itself, it seems to be random in deciding which texts to send and which texts to erase from existence.  I use the feature differently than the majority of other people (well, at least I think I do anyway).  When I use the feature, I usually schedule at least 2 or 3 messages to at least 1 person, and then I scheduled them to be delivered 1 minute apart from each other... this is because I noticed long ago that any text that is longer than 160 characters is delivered to the recipient broken up into several different texts, and almost every time they are sent out of order... so it becomes a puzzle for the recipient to try and read the actual message.  Apparently, Scheduled messaging has this same problem, so now I keep each text message at or under the 160 character limit... I just create as many texts as needed to fit my message and then schedule delivery of them one minute apart from the other (because if you try and schedule delivery for the same time, hoping that the texts will arrive together so the recipient can actually read your whole message at once, then GUESS AGAIN because it will STILL send the texts out of order... regardless of the order you created them in and regardless of the fact that each text is under the 160 count limit.... so, you have to schedule delivery a minute apart and the recipient gets to receive the first text and read part of your message,  then wait a minute for the next part, then wait a minute for the next part, etc...   ).  It is VERY frustrating, but it is what it is, and I don't know what to do about it!

Has anyone figured out the cause of either one of these issues or how to fix them?!  My main concern is this newfound unreliability, not being able to trust that your messages will be sent, which makes the feature unusable and worthless.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

drewmvshs, we want to ensure that we check into this messaging issue further. Is this the process in which you have been scheduling your messages:

To schedule messages from the Main menu:

1. Tap the dropdown icon.
  2. Select Schedule Messages.
  3. Select the Compose icon > Recipient and enter the message.
  4. Select the Schedule icon.
  5. Specify the date and time.
  6. Tap Schedule.

To schedule messages within a specific conversation:

1. Enter the message.
  2. Long-press the Sent icon to activate scheduled messages.
  3. Select from the following options:
    • 15 Minutes
    • 30 Minutes
    • 1 Hour
    • 2 Hours
    • Later

If so, what is the make/model of your phone? Also what is the version number of your Verizon Messages application? What is the software version/build number of your current device?

Takendra_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
iago
Enthusiast - Level 1

For me.. Note 9...the scheduled messaging option has completely disappeared. It's not on drop down, it doesn't pop up when I long press the send button. 

How do I get this fixed? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, have you tried to force stop the app and then restart it? GenevieveB_VZW

0 Likes
Les3x7

Was this feature removed?  It's not even an option anymore.  I just went to use it today (07-30-19), when I hold the send button it doesn't allow me to schedule and I factd just sends the message when I stop holding the send button.  Also it's no long an option when I open the dropdown.   This feature was one of the main reasons I used the app.  The app is up-to-date and I have closed it an restarted it multiple times, the option is just missing.  Using Galaxy Note 8.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Les3x7, being able to use the scheduled messages feature from the Verizon Message + app is vitally important. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues accessing this option from your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet and we'll do everything we can to get this matter resolved. I occasionally use the unique scheduled messages option from the Verizon Message + app when I'm sending text messages too. Let's work together to troubleshoot this matter. Have there been any recent changes with your device? (e.g. software update, new apps downloaded, etc.) Apps also receive updates. Let's check the Verizon Message + app version on your device to make sure it's up to date by following these steps:1. Access/open the Verizon Message + app.2. Once you've opened the app please scroll down to "Settings" and tap to view the app version, which will be displayed on the bottom. Please share the app version with our team. - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
andradgreene2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly! It is no longer available?

0 Likes