Re: SMS vs Chat
sherrydavis
Enthusiast - Level 2

Uninstalling the update works temporarily, but I have to do it everyday.  Where do I turn off automatically update?  I am a realtor and depend on texting!  When will this be fixed?

0 Likes
Kevin_in_AZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, I just read the document that was posted this morning about the chat "

Trouble Sending/Receiving Texts With Message+ 6.4 - Some Insights"

What if we want to access the messages that we send to our "chat" contacts with our other apps?  That's where you guys don't get it.  Let US pick what we want to do, chat or text.  IF you read through these comments, NOT MANY PEOPLE WANT THE CHAT FUNCTION.  Are you even listening to the feedback?  Let US choose.  Don't force feed this down our throats.  We like the ability to switch back and forth in between text apps, and HAVE ALL OF OUR MESSAGES AVAILABLE on ALL PLATFORMS. 

DOTSILVERLAKE

In reading through the recommended solutions, and having backed out the update that is fine as a temporary solution but when will this be fixed? I need to have a consistent app for my business. This is not acceptable. Other companies (Tmobile) do not have these issues and they have much better pricing.

---Be aware folks, when you back out the updates any settings you had (signature etc.) are lost---

Spending extra time on this really makes me want to switch carriers. Time is money.

0 Likes
z3nj03l
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've read reviews on Google Play Store that Verizon's response is to request other users to update their Messages+ App.  Uh, no.  Lame.  I don't want to chat, I need TEXT.  I'm switching to Samsung Messages. 

0 Likes
z3nj03l
Enthusiast - Level 2

Most of us are trying to ACCOMPLISH TEXTING, not CHAT!!!!  Some of us need TEXTING for work.

I can't believe that you [Removed]  cannot get that through your skulls.  Most of the users here are ADULTS, not TEENAGE GIRLS who are the ones who CHAT Apps are designed for.

Verizon doesn't care about this issue.  This used to be, bar none, the very best TEXTING APP.  Now it's not.  It's worthless. Switching to Samsung Messages.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

DobieG
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am amazed that this thread is over 6 weeks old and the same problems still exist.  I went back to stock messaging app several weeks ago and everything had been fine.  After a few weeks I thought for sure that Messages+ would have addressed the issues - especially since there was a recent upgrade.  Sadly, same exact issues...the lines on my account that use Verizon Messages+ still don't receive messages when the SMS prompt changes to CHAT.  I've tried plenty of options (unchecking chat, clearing cache/data, delete/reinstall, etc) to no avail.  Problem exists with VZW web app, as well. Back to stock messaging - at this point anything is better than Messages+

0 Likes