Retrieving texts from phones on your own account...
sapphireraven
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can I request Verizon to retrieve the actual texts that were sent or received from a phone on my account or at least the ones that were sent from a phone on my account for a specific day or a few days? If so how do I go about doing so?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Retrieving texts from phones on your own account...
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You would need a court order for Verizon to release the text messages.  Also keep in mind that they usually only have the last 10 days' worth of messages.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You would need a court order for Verizon to release the text messages.  Also keep in mind that they usually only have the last 10 days' worth of messages.

0 Likes
sapphireraven
Enthusiast - Level 2

a court order to get your own text messages from your own phone? really???

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can access your text log for the past 90 days via your on-line MyVerizon account if you're the Account Owner and logged in as such.  But to get actual text message content requires a court order.  See:

Re: Can I request to get the content of old text messages

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sapphireraven we'll find the best option for you! As tikibar1 stated, law authorities can request text messages with a subpoena. However we also have a new service called Verizon Messages with Integrated Messages that will allow you to access text messages from the device online. This service will also allow you to print them if needed. For all the details, check out http://vz.to/1pOejWZ

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes