Retrieve deleted text messages
aggravated10

Is there a way to retrieve deleted text meesages on a blackberry storm?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Retrieve deleted text messages
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning and thank you for all of your answers, as they are all correct.

*  To view the details of the calls/ text messages on your billing statement:

1.  Sign in to “My Verizon” using your Account Owner ID and password.

2.  Click on "View Bill" icon located in the upper right of your home page.

3.  Select the month that you would like to view under "Billing Statement."

4.  Click on the "Usage Details" tab in the middle of the page.

5.  Choose the applicable wireless number from the dropdown menu.

6.  Select “Voice”, "Messaging", "Data" links to view a more detailed description. 

*  If you would like to view the details of the "unbilled" calls/ current usage, please click on the "Usage Details" link under "My Usage".   You will be able to select, "View Call Details", "View Messaging Details", or "View Data Details".  You are able to view the details of your messages (excludes content for privacy reasons).

*  Due to FCC regulations, and strict privacy concerns, we cannot release the contents of a text message without proper legal documentation.  Please keep in mind; the text message content is stored on our server for 3-5 days before being deleted.  Once it is deleted, it cannot be retrieved. 

If this information is needed for litigation purposes, please have your attorney contact us directly at 1-800-922-0204.  We will give them instructions on how to fax us the required legal documentation.  If more time is needed to gather the court documents, they can instead, send us a Preservation Letter.  A Preservation Letter allows us to store any existing message content for a number for 3-5 additional days from receipt of the Preservation Letter.  If your attorney sends us a Preservation Letter, we will not be able to release the content until the court order is actually received.

I hope this information is helpful.  

Thank you,

VanessaC_vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Natashia86
Contributor - Level 1

The only way to retrieve the content of deleted text messages is through a court subpoena. You are able to view times and phone numbers by signing into your my verizon online account. 

0 Likes
Terrapin2212

Natasia,

Where do I do this?  I am in a situation where I really need to access my text messages from this month, actually am looking for a specific day. I am a student at an academic institution and there are two individuals who are anonymously filing grievances against me, one of them supporting the other, and involves alledging I sent a text message making inappropriate comments about Nazi Germany and Jewish concentration camps. I know I did not text those things and would like if possible to retrieve the texts from that day to prove that the claims against me are false. Because I know I didn't write those things and I am willing to have these messages retrived as evidence that I didn't. My accusers have already admitted they themselves don't have my allleged offensive message saved and are not able to present hard evidence of what they're accusing me of nor can they produce witnesses. If I can have an access to the messages that will put me at an advantage over them.

If I can't view the messages, how can I at least see which phone numbers I've sent text messages to and received from, along with the times and dates? I understand since this isn't really a court of law and there will be no subpoena though I wish there can be one so my accusers lies can be openly revealed. If I know at least which numbers I communicted with on that certain date, I may be able to narrow down who might be accusing me so I can better prepare a defense against them.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
If you are the account owner, or a designated account manager, then you can view texting details (times, dates, and numbers texted to and from) for your number by logging in to your MyVerizon account.

For the current month, go to View Usage, and text details. You can copy and paste to an Excel sheet. For previous months, go to View Bill, and you can view the details for each line on the account.

HTH,
0 Likes
frosttycool

been all over the web site and can not find how to a list of numbers on ur bill that you have texted or called. any help please, know almost the whole number except for last 4 numbers

0 Likes
mhollowell

I know how to find phone numbers that are texted to and from.  I am the account owner.  How can I view the actual message that was texted?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

mhollowell wrote:

I know how to find phone numbers that are texted to and from.  I am the account owner.  How can I view the actual message that was texted?

You are not able to view the texts content except on the phone. You MAY be able to gain access if you can get a judge to approve a court order to gain them through VZW. However VZW keeps messages for a very short period.

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning and thank you for all of your answers, as they are all correct.

*  To view the details of the calls/ text messages on your billing statement:

1.  Sign in to “My Verizon” using your Account Owner ID and password.

2.  Click on "View Bill" icon located in the upper right of your home page.

3.  Select the month that you would like to view under "Billing Statement."

4.  Click on the "Usage Details" tab in the middle of the page.

5.  Choose the applicable wireless number from the dropdown menu.

6.  Select “Voice”, "Messaging", "Data" links to view a more detailed description. 

*  If you would like to view the details of the "unbilled" calls/ current usage, please click on the "Usage Details" link under "My Usage".   You will be able to select, "View Call Details", "View Messaging Details", or "View Data Details".  You are able to view the details of your messages (excludes content for privacy reasons).

*  Due to FCC regulations, and strict privacy concerns, we cannot release the contents of a text message without proper legal documentation.  Please keep in mind; the text message content is stored on our server for 3-5 days before being deleted.  Once it is deleted, it cannot be retrieved. 

If this information is needed for litigation purposes, please have your attorney contact us directly at 1-800-922-0204.  We will give them instructions on how to fax us the required legal documentation.  If more time is needed to gather the court documents, they can instead, send us a Preservation Letter.  A Preservation Letter allows us to store any existing message content for a number for 3-5 additional days from receipt of the Preservation Letter.  If your attorney sends us a Preservation Letter, we will not be able to release the content until the court order is actually received.

I hope this information is helpful.  

Thank you,

VanessaC_vzwsupport

0 Likes
lilsham9

vanessa,

just to be clear, even once a sopoena is issued, there is no way to retrieve text messages past the 5-7 days? say for instance, there is no way possible even with a court sopoena for text messages to be printed dating back 3 years?

0 Likes
bopman

I was told that they could go back 5 years. Not sure if that is true or not, but that's what I've been told.

0 Likes