Recovering Deleted Text Messages
RetiredBC

Has anyone ever had to recover a deleted text message from Verison? I need some that were accidentally deleted several months ago.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Recovering Deleted Text Messages
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, unless you had the texts backed up or were using Verizon's Integrated Messaging, they are lost.  You can request copies of texts via a court order, but they'll only have the past 10-12 days' worth.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, unless you had the texts backed up or were using Verizon's Integrated Messaging, they are lost.  You can request copies of texts via a court order, but they'll only have the past 10-12 days' worth.

rsbrunner9

I was just told by a Verizon Tech Support Manager that when a backup is performed, only the current text messages are backed up, and this backup overlays the previous backup.  Therefore, you can only recover a deleted text message that has been backed up at least once prior to deletion, and only if there has been no backup preformed since the deletion.  Verizon Cloud backup is a pretty useless function related to text messages.  He suggested I could use a separate backup and restore app if I wanted to restore deleted text messages that Verizon Cloud has overwritten.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes