Re: Recent Group Text Message Issues
Aminus22

I am having the same issue as Solstice moon. I sent the group text and everyone got a (588) number. We all have Verizon and three of us have Galaxy S, different series.(mines is the GS7, and my message app is updated.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's a strange mystery that you're getting a message from a 588 number, Solstice_Moon. Let me see what's going on and help to get this issue resolved. Are you using a 3rd party messaging app? Did you try to send a separate text message to that same 888 number to ask them for additional information? Please share some additional details on what you found out to see if the number that is being displayed is valid to try to and solve the mystery.

EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RCRCRCB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have the 588 issue. Droid Turboo Z Force, updated constantly.

Additionally, after I am forced to create a group, I cannot delete the group. There are copious posts about how to get out of a group text that has been received, but nothing about how to delete a group I was forced to create.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help get to the bottom of the messaging issue, RCRCRCB. Can you clarify what is happening with the 588 number? Is the issue that when you send a message other users see the message is coming from a completely different number with a 588 area code instead of yours? If so, what is that number that your messages are coming from? Did the issue start after an app update for Message + or a full software update on your phone? What happens when you are attempting to delete this group of messages?

LaurenC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

RCRCRCB
Enthusiast - Level 2

[removed] is the number the group members see. I am [removed].

I began using messages plus in about Feb. I like it except the groups portion is disappointing. From looking at the other posts, I am not alone.

Thanks

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I really appreciate the additional insight into this messaging trouble, RCRCRCB. At this time there is no way to entirely delete a group chat from Message+ on demand. If the creator of the group removes deletes the conversation from the phone (tap and hold on the group in the thread > Delete conversation), the group will eventually time out and be automatically deleted from the Integrated Messaging platform due to inactivity. This has been forwarded to our Message+ team for a possible future enhancement so I appreciate everyone's feedback.

As for the mystery number, this is the number our network uses to identify the group chat on our network and it is not another random person receiving the messages. This is common when one of the recipients are not using the Message+ app or has an older version of Message+ that does not support the Group option. I have also sent your examples to our Message+ team to see if there is a way to provide a better experience for your group messages going forward.

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes
REEMOR61
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this issue as well and deal with confidential information in my business. This is making other client feel that there is someone else involved with the conversation. Is there a way of disabling this?

0 Likes
Joeyd5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having this problem. The number shows to my group recipients had a 588 area code and unknown number. No one knows who the message is from.  Also when I create a group a text is sent to everyone saying that I created a group.  And the message is from the 588 number.  Nobody wants an extra text saying they've been added to a group. People started responding that they were confused as to what to do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're concerned to read this, Joeyd5. Could you please provide us with the make and model of the device that this is happening on? Have you registered your Messages+ application with multiple devices such as a computer, tablet, and mobile phone?

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Joeyd5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a brand new Galaxy s8.  I've repeated the issue several times.  I have messenger+ on my tablet and computer also.  I've used it on each device.

0 Likes