Receiving texts
CTeamer
Lately, I've been receiving text messages everytime I receive an email.  At the end of the text it states if I want to discontinue the notifications to reply "STOP".  I have tried this many times, but I am still receiving these text.  How do I stop it?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Receiving texts
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
Depending on your device, there might be a setting in your mobile email to turn text notifications off. If you could, please be a bit more descriptive, including where the message is coming from and what kind of device you do have.
0 Likes
CTeamer

I have a moto q 9c.  The texs are coming from 118012222269.  Each message has 3 separate texts.

0 Likes
Hlybri
I am also receiving this texts, which are beyond ridiculous.  There is no point in having the internet and email option on the phone if you can't even use the mobile email program.  I get these texts every time an email goes into my hotmail account, but now the mobile email program doesn't even load these emails, it's almost like these texts are trying to send the entire email in them.  It's ridiculous and annoying.  I don't know what to do.
0 Likes
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

I have Hotmail set up with my Mobile Email and have never received a text message so I was curious.

I opened my Mobile Email and then selected my Hotmail account.

Once there I noticed that Options is in the lower right corner.

I pressed the corresponding button.

Press the Up Arrow 3 times and you should be on Settings.

Select Settings and the first option under Settings is Alert me for new messages.

Mine is set for Never.

This may fix your problem. If it doesn't then it's probably a setting in your Hotmail account.

0 Likes
CTeamer
I don't have those options.  When I open my hotmail account i click menu, then account settings, and it doesn't say anything where I can click never to receive messages.
0 Likes
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

Oh, you're talking about getting your email via the mobile web. I thought you were talking about the Mobile Email application. If you're accessing your email via the Mobile Web then all of the settings are at the Hotmail end. You'll want to log into your Hotmail Account on your home computer and check settings there or in your Live Mobile account settings.

I'll try to log in tonight or tomorrow to see if I can find the setting that controls that.

0 Likes
CTeamer
I was talking about the Mobile Email application.
0 Likes
Hlybri
It is the Mobile Email application, not the mobile web.  My account was set up for two months with absolutely no problems, then all of a sudden overnight I started getting 3 or 4 text messages per email.  The text messages started and the email icon that used to pop up when I got an email stopped popping up and the emails stopped showing up in the Mobile Email application all together.  It is almost as if the emails are attempting to come through to the phone via text message instead of the normal way.  I did absolutely nothing to the settings in either Mobile Email or hotmail.  I have not signed up for any text messages via Windows Live or any other way.  I did nothing new to the accounts or signed up for absolutely no new phone services.  These messages started randomly and with no provocation.  They're driving me nuts so I deleted the email account from my phone, but I'm getting extremely frustrated with the whole thing.
0 Likes
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

Okay, what I did was open the Mobile Email application

Select my Hotmail account.

The top line is blue and has the Windows icon and reads Windows Live Hotmail

The bottom line is also blue and reads

Refresh        ( Read )        Options

I selected Options and I'm given the Options:

Fast Reply

Delete

Forward

Mark Read

Save to Phone

Move

Compose

Folders

Settings

Refresh

Exit

Under Settings the first thing that comes up is the option for:

Alert me for new messages:

o Always

o Never

o Only during:

[ boxes to enter times to be alerted]

There are other settings but they don't apply to this question.

0 Likes