Receiving text messages late.
esquow

For the past 3 weeks or so, I have been receiving text messages late. The strange thing is, it only occurs with one contact in particular, who just so happens to be a person that I text very often. Messages come anywhere from 10 minutes to 12 hours late, and there have been times where they just don't come at all. For example, we had been texting all day yesterday, when she suddenly stopped answering around 3pm. Then, around midnight, I got a text saying "Why haven't you answered me all day?" When I responded saying that I hadn't gotten a text back from her, she replied saying that she had in fact answered my text around 3pm, and had even sent a couple more throughout the day. She also said that she had asked why I hadn't been answering at 7pm... about 5 hours earlier. Which means there were 3 texts that I didn't receive at all, and one that I received 5 hours late.

For what it's worth, I have an LG VX5400 (a dinosaur, I know), and my friend has an iPhone 4S on AT&T. I'm hesitant to say that it is an AT&T to Verizon service problem, because I can text all my other friends that have AT&T just fine. But I'm also hesitant to say that it is a problem with one of our devices, since this problem only starting happening a few weeks ago. Also, I installed a texting app on my iPod, which uses a completely different phone number than my Verizon phone, and I still receive her texts late or not at all while texting from the app.

If anyone has any advice on what the problem might be, or on how to fix it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Receiving text messages late.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmmm, two different devices, different numbers, and her texts still get to you delayed on both?  The problem may just be on her end.... is she in a location where signal may be weaker or blocked?

My husband still uses the VX5400 - and we have my retired one as well as a spare.  It's an excellent basic phone and served us well.  Also, my son has the AT&T iPhone 4, daughter has the Verizon iPhone 4, and we all text each other and haven't noticed any delays or missed messages... so I don't think it's the phones involved.  Is your friend using an app to text you?

Message was edited by: SuzyQ

0 Likes
Re: Receiving text messages late.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When was the last time you reprogrammed you phone to the Verizon Wireless network?  Dial *228, option 1 to reprogram the phone to the network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes