Receiving text messages from unknown parties, how to get rid of them
kayakfishgirl
Please assist with solicitor testing. I would like it off my phone and I would not like my daughter who is 14 to receive any adult entertainment on hers.:smileyhappy:
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Receiving text messages from unknown parties, how to get rid of them
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2

You actually have to mark it as satified or 'solved'. It was your issue :smileyhappy:

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2

You can register your lines @ www.vtext.com and set it so you dont recieve txt from email addresses.

You may also want to look into Usage Controls

0 Likes
kayakfishgirl
thank you so much....i was reading over other emails and I betcha my answer was within this forum and then i ran across your forum name and knew you would be the first to answer so i thank you. Have a good day.
0 Likes
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
You're very welcome. I hope the options I provided assist you in your endeavors.
0 Likes
kayakfishgirl
okay, i registered at www.vtext.com and put my password in and it knocks me to a wedpage not found?
0 Likes
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2

You may have to check with E-Services to see if there's an issue with Vtext.com

You can call them here: 1-800-350-2830, after entering your number, press 1 for login assistance

0 Likes
kayakfishgirl
okay, i called the number you gave me and the website is down. The rep advised me she would be glad to bloke premium text messages which is free, i said yes and that she could not block anything else! She then said i needed to wait for the website to come back up in 45 min. to an hour.
0 Likes
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
Good deal. Hopefully you can get the blocks in place that you need. If vtext.com doesnt work, you can always explore the Usage Controls options. It is $4.99 a month but it would definitely protect your daughter from these unwanted messages.
0 Likes
kayakfishgirl

no, I choose not to pay. A co worker in her office just logged into the www.vtext.com and pulled up her info and she has the options listed below, copy and pasted below.....

Keep unwanted messages from being sent to your handset from specific e-mail addresses, domain names and websites.

Message Blocking Preferences:              

Block all messages sent from e-mail?                                      Yes No    

Block all messages sent from the web?                                   Yes No          

Allow messages sent to my Nickname@vtext.com only.         Yes No    

0 Likes
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah, you want to check off yes on the first two.

The third one is for VZW specific addresses.

0 Likes