Re: Why does "message to _________ deleted" come up every time I try to text a certain person
LJ0795
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've turned off the delete old messages option and I'm still getting the messages. Is there another setting that needs to be turned off?

Re: Why does "message to _________ deleted" come up every time I try to text a certain per
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to send and receive text messages when you need them is a must! We'd love to help you with these concerns, and in doing so, we'd like to ask some questions. When did this issue start? Which make and model device do you have?

AbrahamS_VZW

Re: Why does "message to _________ deleted" come up every time I try to text a certain per
gunton224

I'm having this issue now, only with 1 contact. It started this morning. I have a Galaxy S10 5G.

0 Likes
Sas31
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue since yesterday. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that this is the last thing you want to see every time you message this person, gunton224. I am sure we will figures this out and help you. I do want to clarify a few things. What messaging application are you using? What happens when you delete the contact from your conversation? Do you get the same error when you send them a new message?  AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get to the bottom of what's going on with your messages, Sas31. What is the make and model of your device? What message app is in use? Is the app up to date? DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Sas31
Enthusiast - Level 2

S8

Message plus

Yes updated

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sas31, thank you for that information. Does the same thing happen with other text messaging apps on the phone? Also, have you tried deleting the text conversation to see if it appears again?

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
Sas31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have deleted the text conversation, I've deleted the contact. I've switched messaging apps and it still does it. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sas31, that seems very odd. We want to make sure that all features are working on your cell phone. Are you able to get the text message sent to this contact? Are you able to receive text messages from this contact? KevinR_VZW

0 Likes