Re: Message+ for mac OSX freezing
NausetLight
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am running version 10.13.6

0 Likes
QBOY61
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to restore v2.5.2 from a Timemachine backup.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@QBOY61 wrote:

I just sent an email to verizonmessages at verizonwireless dot com (developer team at VZW) requesting an update on the issue and suggesting they remove v2.5.3 from the App Store and restore v2.5.2.  Maybe if they get enough emails, we'll see a fix or change in the App Store app.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@QBOY61 wrote:

Just received an email from VZM Team:

"Can you please update the app from the App store and please make sure the version of message+ is 2.5.4.  Let us know if you are still having this issue."

Looks like they might have an update for someone with a MAC to test.  Let us know if you can try it.

0 Likes
Icanthearu
Enthusiast - Level 2

2.5.4 is still not compatible with 10.13.6. I just updated to it and there is no change. Still opens to a blank screen and Preferences is greyed out. No way to create a profile.

I have completely uninstalled Message+ and reinstalled, no change. Also did restart. No change.

Still seems to work on Catalina (10.15), but not compatible with 10.13.6

Can we have 2.5.2 back? It was buggy, but at least it worked on 10.13.6.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for letting us know the version number of MacOS, NausetLight. Which version of the app are you running? When exactly does the app start working when you use it?  RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Thanks for letting us know the version number of MacOS, NausetLight. Which version of the app are you running? When exactly does the app start working when you use it?  RyanM_VZW

@vzw_customer_support  @ryanm_vzw  How about checking or have your manager check with the Verizon Messaging Team which is working on fixing the app?  They should have the latest info.

0 Likes
NausetLight
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am using version 2.5.3 

0 Likes
QBOY61
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here.  V2.5.4 (confirmed in "About") is blank white screen still on MacOS 10.13.6.  Back to v2.5.2 I guess.

0 Likes
QBOY61
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just checked a second machine, a 2011 i7 Mac Mini that has a fairly fresh install of 10.13.6 (1 month ago) with fairly few additional applications installed.  Messages+ v2.5.4 comes up on a fresh install with a blank white screen.

0 Likes