Random texts sent from Galaxy S8. What happened?
DANWAL10

I noticed today that there were two random texts in my Messaging+ app that were "sent" by me yesterday morning. I had my phone with me at all times. One message says "Send this text to verify this phone number: (9baa75e...." and was sent to an unknown phone number in the 260 area code at 9:23am. The next message is just a string of characters "<4d56e93...." and was sent to an unknown phone number in the 440 area code at 9:28am.

These are the only two instances I can find. I definitely did not send these and have no idea where they came from. If I click message details in the Messaging+ website or from my phone, both say they were sent from the phone, type = text message, status = sent.

I tried searching the forums and did not see anything that matched my situation. It was not a "butt dial" or an accidental auto-reply. It does not even seem like a virus sending things to my contacts (since both numbers are unknown to me). Where did these come from? Thank you in advance for any input.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Random texts sent from Galaxy S8. What happened?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you are having problems with your text messages, DANWAL10. These messages seems that were sent out from an app. To get more details, can you see these messages on the Samsung Messages Application? Did they respond back to you? 

Aaron_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Random texts sent from Galaxy S8. What happened?
DANWAL10

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for reaching out. Yes the messages appear in Samsung Messages as

well. There was never a reply from either. I did just add GroupMe, so I

supposed that could be the cause. That was the day before, however. I just

found them odd. Is it anything I should be concerned about?

Thanks again,

Danny

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018, 1:19 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes