Question about the Unlimited 29.99 Data Package?
Migdalia

I currently have a talk & text family share plan with 3 lines in total including myself.

My question is if i upgrade my phone and another phone under the plan to a droid.( i understand the unlmtd data package is 29.99 and mandatory).would i have to pay the 29.99 for my phone and 29.99 for my daughters phone too?

or would the 29.99 would pertain to all of us since we share the same plan?

if that made sense.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question about the Unlimited 29.99 Data Package?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

EACH LINE needs to have the $29.99 data plan, so you would be adding $60 to your bill for two Droids.

0 Likes
schla

so I have a question:  if I have the data plan do I still have to pay for the text plan as well?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

schla wrote:

so I have a question:  if I have the data plan do I still have to pay for the text plan as well?

There is a text plan available yes. There might be a higher paying data package that includes unlimited web + unlimited messaging.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

schla wrote:

The OP has the Talk & Text plan, which includes unlimited texting.  If you have talk minutes only you can add:

$5/mo for 250 texts (sent and received)
$10/mo for 500 texts PLUS unlimited texts M2M
$15/mo for 1500 texts PLUS unlimited M2M
$20/mo for 5000 texts PLUS unlimited M2M

This is per line, and each line on a family plan can have its own bundle. It makes more sense to bump up to the Talk & Text plan and get unlimited texting on all lines, if you have 3 or more phones and everyone likes to text! You have to determine what you can afford, how much texting you will do to figure out what will work for you.

0 Likes
schla

yes I knwo about the plans but it is not clear if the data plan covers texting or if it is extra.  I believe it is an extra 9.99 and of course it does not ay if it is per line or not.  I was just hoping the data plan included text as  my home internet does.  I know on ATT the AIM "texting"a ppears to count towards texting but I would think it would be data...

0 Likes
BelindaY

schla wrote:

yes I knwo about the plans but it is not clear if the data plan covers texting or if it is extra.  I believe it is an extra 9.99 and of course it does not ay if it is per line or not.  I was just hoping the data plan included text as  my home internet does.  I know on ATT the AIM "texting"a ppears to count towards texting but I would think it would be data...

The data plan does not include text. You have to add text separately

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

SuzyQ wrote:

The OP has the Talk & Text plan, which includes unlimited texting.  If you have talk minutes only you can add:

$5/mo for 250 texts (sent and received)
$10/mo for 500 texts PLUS unlimited texts M2M
$15/mo for 1500 texts PLUS unlimited M2M
$20/mo for 5000 texts PLUS unlimited M2M

This is per line, and each line on a family plan can have its own bundle. It makes more sense to bump up to the Talk & Text plan and get unlimited texting on all lines, if you have 3 or more phones and everyone likes to text! You have to determine what you can afford, how much texting you will do to figure out what will work for you.

Was that an old post of mine that you got that messaging stuff from Suzy? Can't quite remember.
For some reason I thought the Droid phones had unlimited messaging plan feature available along with unlimited web. Then I got to thinking it is not quite like that. I got mixed up. :smileysad:  See on my G1 phone I've got unlimited web + unlimited web for $34.99 a month (but that is on T-mobile).  ah!
0 Likes