Question About text message With LG Env3 phone
cowpoke

I wonder if anyone knows what these symbols mean, when I send a text message, sometimes in the box that is over the envelope symbol  to the left of the person I have sent the text too there is a check mark and other times there is a arrow as if it is sent, I have asked a verizion rep this question and they didn't know. I'm wondering if the person I send a text to and the arrow never changes to the check mark in the box if they are even getting my text. maybe someone this phone knows what this means..thanks for any help.......

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question About text message With LG Env3 phone
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

cowpoke wrote:

I wonder if anyone knows what these symbols mean, when I send a text message, sometimes in the box that is over the envelope symbol  to the left of the person I have sent the text too there is a check mark and other times there is a arrow as if it is sent, I have asked a verizion rep this question and they didn't know. I'm wondering if the person I send a text to and the arrow never changes to the check mark in the box if they are even getting my text. maybe someone this phone knows what this means..thanks for any help.......

Hi,

I believe that the symbol you are referring to is a delivery mark.  The check mark means that it was sent.  I believe the arrow means it is trying to send.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: Question About text message With LG Env3 phone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The green check mark means the message was sent and successfully delivered to another Verizon phone.   The green arrow means the message was successfully sent from your phone to someone on another carrier;  the Verizon network has no way of knowing if it was successfully delivered to the other phone.  So, green checkmark, sent and delivered.  Green arrow, successfully sent.

Red X - something went wrong and the message was not sent.

In all of the above, there is no indication, or no way of knowing, if the message was ever READ - just that it was received on the recipient's phone (and you only know that if it was another Verizon phone).

HTH,

0 Likes