Re: Proxy Setting for desktop app ? Not syncing while on work network.
paulmz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello, Aliem.

Unfortunately this does not work since the firewall on my computer is not enabled. All connections to the computer are allowed.

I assume the app is being blocked on the network at a higher level than my individual computer. We recently moved into a new office building- the app worked with our old network but not with the new one.

Thanks, anyway.

0 Likes
Not applicable

OK. Your best bet then is to use your web app through any browser.

WEB APP

http://vz.to/1HuFmeR 

-

ALIEM

0 Likes
paulmz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Although I disagree about it being my "best bet", I have already been using the browser web app in the meantime. This suggestion still does not answer the original post, however.

So far the Verizon Message+ app seems to be the only app on my computer that doesn't work with my new building's network. I can't place all of the blame on the network, then- especially considering the Message+ app is perpetually riddled with bugs that go beyond this network issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's continue to isolate the variables, paulmz. Please install the app on another computer in the new building. Share with us your findings.
DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
paulmz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good morning.

I brought my personal computer (Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10) into work, connected to the Wi-Fi and opened the Message+ app. After letting it attempt to refresh for several minutes (until the Surface went into sleep) the Message+ app would not update. Unlike the Message+ app on the Mac, the app on the Surface at least showed an animated refresh graphic in the header. Sending and receiving messages also did not work. There is no error message on either computer.

0 Likes