Problems Sent text messages with my glyde
mc06
I use my phone alot.It has worked fine for me since I got it Oct. 13th. Latly the screen doesnt work every now and than but it works after a second or two. For the last week or so I havent been able to send pic messages. I thoughI would go get it checked out soon. I was busy and never did. Now i cant send any messages. I can still recieve but send to no one person. Does anyone have experience with this? If so what did you do to resolve the problem? I will be going to my Verizon Wireless store tomorrow.
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Problems Sent text messages with my glyde
Holdem185
First of all I would like to state I hate this phone... It is the worst phone ever... and Last time i went to verizon to buy a family member a phone she asked about my phone and said you could go to tech support and they can get you a software update which changes the whole look and is supposely supposed to make the touch screen better.... it takes about an hour for the update... and when i went to pick it up she said if i am still having a problem bring it back and they will possibly replace the phone... Well the update did nothing so i switched to another phone and i am going to go back and turn in my glyde which was a total waste of money... not very happy at all
0 Likes
mc06
I got it to work by turning it on and off.
0 Likes
jen

I have had multiple problem with this phone:

1) phone just shuts off

2) with not get text messages.

3) with not call people some of the time.

4) the battery does not stay charged.

5) deleted contacts

6) touch screen is not great!

Dont get this phone!!! When i was there another person was there to complain about this phone same thing was happening to her.  the first guy we had said there was someone there right before us and the samething was happening to them!!

I brought it back to verizonstore twice the first time was 2 weeks into having the phone.  They said it was a software issue.  they upgraded it.  It was fine for 4 days and it started all over again.  when i went the second time(about a week later) they told me that i have to spend another $60.00 for a different phone (the env 2) and a $35 restocking charge.  I went home so mad and called there service line *611.  I told the women what was going on with my phone and that i was planning on going to att. She was very nice and waved all the fees for me because it was less then 90 day sence it was already a documented problem. 

What i am saying it dont buy this phone and waste your money!!!  If it is to late and you have already done it and your store is tell you that you have to pay call the customer line (*611) and they well be really nice to help you!!

0 Likes
Holdem185

Thanks Jen I was around the verizon store and I told my self I wish i had my glyde with me so i can go in and complain.. its ridiculous im not paying 35 dollars for a new phone i want it free i didnt waste $250 for that piece of crap

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

I'm sorry to see you're having so many issues with this phone.  Have you taken it back to the store and if so what was your outcome? 

0 Likes
irishthief1

I have had similar problems. After getting the update, my glyde started shutting off occasionally when i sent a message. when it did this, sometimes it would also "delete" a contact or two. i would not be able to add them to my phone book though because the phone thought the contact existed. also, the message i was sending would be moved to my inbox, but was unreadable and could not be found. i would have to erase all my messages, and resend the text in order to fix the problem, and would have to wait untill i could use a computer to restore the missing contacts. Eventually the phone shorted out and verizon replaced it for free because they couldnt reprogram it. THAT glyde has had similar problems, and i just had it replaced today. Im very annoyed and mad at verizon over this. I should NOT have to have my phone replaced because it shorted out, and i shouldnt have to replace it for being so glitchy. I am hoping this third glyde doesnt mess up as well, because if it does im just going to have to switch to a new phone. What is verizon doing about this problem? even though the phone is being phased out, many users will have the phone for some time to come due to the 2 year contracts. I am NOT paying $200- $400 for a new phone because Verizon keeps giving me glitchy messed up phones, and i am NOT going to keep going back to get it replaced. Its rediculous.

0 Likes
irishthief1

Also, on the second glyde, it also shut off when i went to check a text message, not just when i sent messages.

0 Likes