Problem with my Texting notifications.
praxc

So, my little sister got a hold of my phone & since i got it from her, it's not the same. It’s a regular flip phone (prepaid, idk if that matters to the question). & you know when someone texts you & it says, text message from and view now or view later, that notification doesn’t come up anymore.& on the screen of my phone when it was closed it would always say 1 new message. Now, when someone texts me, my phone screen will blink for half a sec and then say new messages for half a sec. and then its gone and when I go into my text messages it says the text was already read. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I already went into menu and sound settings and then alert sounds and under text messages and the vibration choice was on and the alert was on. So I don’t know how to fix it..?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Problem with my Texting notifications.
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

I have never heard of a phone doing that, however, I would not be surprised. I work at a technology help desk for a mid sized organization, and when I come across a weird problem that defies explanation I always suggest a simple reboot of the machine or complete shut down then power up. Believe it or not that solves 2/3 of all the strange happenings as simple as it is ( mostly due to memory fragmentation and processes stuck in memory )

I would first suggest completely removing the battery without a proper shut down of the device then wait about 10 seconds then power it up and see if that resolves this most unusual problem.

0 Likes
Re: Problem with my Texting notifications.
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

What kind of phone do you have?

There may be a setting in the phone that allows you to have it display the text automatically once you receive it. Knowing what kind of phone you have would help determine if this is possible or not.

If not, as mentioned by Carm, try a battery pull while the phone is on.

0 Likes