Problem sending text messages to email accounts
atp1000

Sometimes I receive a text message from an email account.  When I reply to these messages, an odd thing occurs.  Instead of receiving a message with my cell phone number (XXX-XXX-XXXX), the recipient gets the following email address:  Jbagger@vtext.com.  This prevents the message from being threaded in the recipient's email account.  I used to use the name "Jbagger" as an online alias, but that was years ago.  

How can I remove this alias from my text replies to email addresses and have just my telephone number show up?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problem sending text messages to email accounts
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to vtext.com, log in with your phone number and password for your MyVerizon account, and delete the nickname.  By leaving it blank, it will default to your phone number.  Or change the nickname to something else if you want, but you seemed to indicate that you needed the phone number, so just leave it blank.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to vtext.com, log in with your phone number and password for your MyVerizon account, and delete the nickname.  By leaving it blank, it will default to your phone number.  Or change the nickname to something else if you want, but you seemed to indicate that you needed the phone number, so just leave it blank.

0 Likes
atp1000

Hi Suzy.  Thanks for the reply.  Your solution worked!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

:smileyhappy:  That's why the forums are here!  Glad to have helped!

0 Likes