Pop-Up notifications not working in Messages+
deeice
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have always set my new messages to display as "Pop-UP" in Verizon's Messages+ app. For some strange reason my incoming text messages are no longer popping up the way they used too? I have checked that this option is selected but now when I get a new text I just get the standard new text icon on my locked screen. A new text message is no longer waking up my lock screen and displaying as a pop up? 

0 Likes
Re: Pop-Up notifications not working in Messages+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having access to Verizon Message + Settings. Please tell us, do you have the latest version available for this app?

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
deeice
Enthusiast - Level 2

I installed the latest update for Messages+.  Does that mean I have the latest version?  I have Version 6.9.9

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you installing the latest update, Deeice. Now that you have done that are your messages popping up? What is the make and model of your device? Have your messages popped up before? Please tell me more.  AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
deeice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Text messages still not popping up.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S10e.  Messages app was working perfectly fine before latest update.  I've since gone on to look at reviews for the Verizon Messages+ app and see other users are having the exact same problem as me so this problem is definitely on Verizon's end.  Don't think anything is wrong with my phone.  I have since switched to a different messaging app so I can get pop-up notifications.  I may return to Verizon's messaging app if they're able to fix this bug.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want everything to work for our customers, deeice. Please contact our App Developer Team to alert them to this issue with the app itself.

You can email them at VerizonMessages@VerizonWireless.com

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes