Picture messaging on EnV3?
groovitudedude

I just purchased an EnV3 today and upgraded my plan to 500 texts per month with unlimited Verizon to Verizon texting. I have data usage blocked on my phone as to avoid random $1.99 charges for accidentally doing something. My question is, can I send and/or receive picture messaegs even though data usage is blocked? I doubt they count as text messages, so I don't think I can send and receive pictures from my friends.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Picture messaging on EnV3?
zimpleguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have the data block called "National Access" then picture messages are blocked and you will NOT be able to retrieve them.

I have a few pointers that will help you avoid the mb charges while still be able to recieve picture and video messages.

Step 1. Remove any apps that connect to web. Starting with VZW Tones Deluxe and Vcast song ID.
To do that just simply go to Media Center, then Music and Tones, then Get New Ringtones. They'll be there if you have them at all.

Also look under Media Center and search under Picture & Video/Get NEW Pictures, under Games, and under Browse and Downloads.
Apps you can keep are VZ Navigator and Backup Assistant (This apps although they do connect to the web they will not be considered as using megabytes whenever they connect).

Step 2. Go to Main Menu by pressing OK. Go To Settings and Tools, then Phone Settings, then Set Shortcuts, Then Set Internal Directional Keys. You'll see Up Directional Key, Left Directional Key, Down Directional Key. Change the up and left keys to something else like Calculator or Alarm Clock. Make sure they dont say Browser or My Verizon.

By doing this you will avoid accidetally starting the Browser on the phone by pressing the wrong key.

Step 3. Call Customer Service and tell them to add blocks for the following: App download Block, Vcast Music Block, Web Block. Once this is done tell them to remove the National Acccess Block.
you are all set. If this instructions are followed you will not see any mb charges on your bill. It works!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

groovitudedude wrote:

...My question is, can I send and/or receive picture messaegs even though data usage is blocked? I doubt they count as text messages, so I don't think I can send and receive pictures from my friends.

Thank you!

Text/Pix/Flix all count as text messages, although the type of block you have will determine which you can send and receive.  If you simply have a Web Access block, you can still send and receive text, picture , and video messages.  If you have the National Access block, picture messaging will be blocked also.

Zimpleguy's instructions about the various blocks and resettingyour shortcut keys are right on....it's what I do!  And I still send and receive tons of pictures....!

0 Likes
groovitudedude

Alright, I will try to unblock the nationwide thingy and be sure not to use any of the internet things. Thanks!

0 Likes