Picture messages not being delivered
itsjustmejanie91
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+.  I use the Verizon messaging text app.  Most of the people I text receive my picture messages fine.  However everytime i send my cousin who is also on Verizon on an iPhone, my picture shows Sent and then a day or two later Failed and she never gets it.  She gets my regular texts.   Today,  another friend of mine on Verizon did not receive 1 pic I sent and it just shows Sent on the status.. however yesterday  that same person did get a bunch of pics I sent (and they all show Delivered)  I do not want to reset my app and lose text messages.  I think this is a network issue.  . Help!

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Picture messages not being delivered
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want everyone to be able to receive your messages, itsjustmejanie91. If this is only happening with iPhone recipients, then the issue may be caused by a common issue with iPhones. 

This is that it is very common for them to not be able to receive a MMS(picture message) while connected to Wi-Fi. Have you asked them to test this out while not connected to Wi-Fi? Also, have you tested your phone using the native messaging app the phone came with instead of our Message+ app?

StevenG_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I live through messaging and don't want to see you experience another fail. Are there any updates available for the Verizon Messages app? 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.verizon.messaging.vzmsgs&hl=en_US

If yours is up-to-date, then we recommend completing these steps to reset app preferences. The 4 steps are here and nothing is lost:
 https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/reset-default-apps/
What are your results?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
itsjustmejanie91
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried those options and sent a picture message to my cousin.  It shows only "Sent" on my side  and she did not receive it.  

I sent the exact same pic to my sister who is also on Verizon on a completely different account from myself and my cousin.   When I sent the same pic to her, it went to "Delivered" on my side and she got the pic.

My cousin receives pics from other Verizon customers.  It is only me that we have noticed she does not get them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want everyone to be able to receive your messages, itsjustmejanie91. If this is only happening with iPhone recipients, then the issue may be caused by a common issue with iPhones. 

This is that it is very common for them to not be able to receive a MMS(picture message) while connected to Wi-Fi. Have you asked them to test this out while not connected to Wi-Fi? Also, have you tested your phone using the native messaging app the phone came with instead of our Message+ app?

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
itsjustmejanie91
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had my cousin turn wifi off and she got the pic!  That's so weird that iPhone users have that problem.   Glad I am an android user

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're welcome! Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with. We are standing by. 

RogelioZ_VZW

0 Likes
MMouse64

I have the same problem and I'm using a Samsung S22

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MMouse64,

That's the last thing we want. It's important to make sure your pictures go through. Is it only one person not getting them? What happens when you try to send those?

-Andrew

0 Likes