Phone will send text messages, but won't receive them!?!?!?
Christy0880

For some reason, my son can't recieve texts on his phone. He can send them out, but nothing will come back across to him? I have tried clearing the cache, I have tried it in safe mode. I pulled the SIM card, powered down and reinserted the SIM Card. We have done a factory reset on it. I tried the online chat with support, but lost communication waiting for them to search for an answer. They were supposed to email me, but of course, that never happened. We are paying for Unlimited service, so I know that is also not the issue. We have tried both the messaging app that comes on the phone as well as Verizon Messages+. Neither will work.

0 Likes
Re: Phone will send text messages, but won't receive them!?!?!?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a good working phone is important, and I'm sorry your son is having problems with his text messages. We want to dive a bit deeper into this for you. When did this begin? Have you added/removed any other features to your account or his line? Is this happening at a specific location? Share details. We are here to help you.

EvelynR_VZW

0 Likes
Christy0880

I added Google Family Link to his phone as he is only 11. But I also did a full factory reset on the phone and started from scratch. The texts still aren't working. I do currently have Family Link back on the phone, but like I said, I couldn't get it to work without that app on there either? The texts aren't coming in no matter where we are, nor are they coming in when connected via WiFi either. I'm not sure what the issue is?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Christy0880, we want to ensure your son can use all of this services. We can definitely assist here with that texting matter. So that we can do so appropriately, please provide us with your first and last name and a phone number in which you can be reached. 

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
Christy0880

Can you give me an email to send my information to? I don't really want to post my phone number with my name & number here??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, we did go ahead and sent you a private note, this way we can continue to communicate in private. 

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes