Parents reading texts?
benpark91

My friend says that his mom reads his texts and he is always worried. I keep telling him that she cant. He still thinks she can get stuff from online and they can send stuff to her. We both just want to know if she can or cant.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Parents reading texts?
susansmith
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never text or email anything you don't want to be made public. 

0 Likes
benpark91

That doesn't help... you didn't even answer it.

0 Likes
benpark91

So does that mean she can get stuff from verizon that says all the texts?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

There are ways, yes.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Benpark91 I understand the importance of privacy and wanting to know if your information can be shared whether you or the account owner has control over what is seen. Users who login to the Verizon Wireless text messaging website to send/receive text messages can view/print content and corresponding replies for 120 hours after the original message is sent. 

• Messages sent from or received on your device cannot be viewed in any other medium. You can, however, forward text messages to an email address, and then view/print them just like any other email. 
  • Text messaging content is not available through My Verizon. Text message can only be read on the  device ;however, the phone numbers for each message sent are displayed online for three months. Listed below us a link to additional information.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/faqs/TXT%20messaging/faq.html?grp=1&faq=27

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
kpanchot
Enthusiast - Level 2

to make a long story short no there is ABSOLUTELY no way to check out the content of the messages except by a law enforcement agency by contacting verizon wireless's "law enforcement resource team" (LERT) and even then the txts can only be looked at for the past 72 hours(sometimes less depending on how much your friend txts)

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There are ways. There are apps out there that parents can't put on their childs device. Before you say that's invasion of privacy... Parents just need to disclose they are doing if and if they don't agree with it then they don't have a cell phone. Same goes for the work place. As long as it is disclosed up front it's not invasion of privacy.

lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I use an "app" for my kids phones, it's called "give me your phone". Any inappropriate or deleted texts, it confiscates your phone. You're allowed one test of this hardware, then it's in full force. It works great, and has only been tested once, to my knowledge.

budone
Legend

I like!!

0 Likes