PLZ HELP QUICKLY!! SMS to PC problems!
plzhelpme
If someone has unlimited texting and Verizon service, and someone sends them an SMS message from their computer, specifically Yahoo! Messenger, does unlimited texting still apply? Or does it charge because it's being sent to PC? PLZ HELP IF YOU KNOW!! I'VE LOOKED ALL OVER! 😧
Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: PLZ HELP QUICKLY!! SMS to PC problems!
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, It still counts as text - you can use Mobile IM for Yahoo, MSN, and AOL Instant messengewr services and it's all text.  The ONLY data charge you may get is the initial download of the app.  On some phones it's already installed - go to Messaging, and if Mobile IM is listed, you are good to go.  Log in and start messaging!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, It still counts as text - you can use Mobile IM for Yahoo, MSN, and AOL Instant messengewr services and it's all text.  The ONLY data charge you may get is the initial download of the app.  On some phones it's already installed - go to Messaging, and if Mobile IM is listed, you are good to go.  Log in and start messaging!

0 Likes
plzhelpme

Oh thank you so so so much! *hug*

0 Likes
plzhelpme

So this means, when my friend texts back from her phone, and I get it on my PC, it won't charge anything because she has unlimited?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Exactly - if she's texting you and you reply, it's all text....she should receive it as a text message, right?

0 Likes
plzhelpme

Right! Everything outgoing from her phone counts as a text when it comes to my computer? That's exactly what happens! Thanks so much!!!

0 Likes