PC app not working correctly after recent Message + app update on phones
Sheets67

After the new Messaging update that was pushed last night, the PC app is no longer seeing new text messages sent from phones.  I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting devices within the app on both the phone and PC, but that did not solve the problem.  Messages I type on the PC show up on both phones and PC, but anything sent from a phone does not appear in the PC app.  There is no firewall enable here, so that is NOT the issue. The same thing is now happening on my wife's PC and my work PC, so it appears to be something with the update, not the settings on our end. How can this be resolved?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: PC app not working correctly after recent Message + app update on phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sheets67-

Oh no! That is definitely not the news that we like to hear. I have sent you a message to your community inbox in regards to this post. I look forward to speaking with you there. 

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sbrader

This Message+ update is a nightmare!!! Messages I send to other Verizon users are sometimes not delivered for a long time while the same message sent to a non Verizon user is delivered immediately. I am also seeing the same problems with the PC application not updating. Also, some messages on my phone show "Sending" for hours. Sometimes it actually sent and I get a response from the person I sent it to. Other times, it eventually shows a Failed status.

This has been a horrible rollout, Verizon! Did you actually do any testing on this app before releasing it?

0 Likes
mathursan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you upgraded your desktop app to version 2.0.1.0 ?  Is that still not showing you the messages ?

0 Likes
Sheets67

No, running 1.0.17.0

Was not aware there is a newer version available.  No push messages and don't recall seeing an email or anything in the Verizon newsletter.

We did get a push message on our phones to update Message + last week, but no message of update for PC app in that message..

0 Likes
Sheets67

PS - I just logged into the Verizon website and searched the that version of the Message+ app.  Nothing found in the support area and nothing in the forums either.

If there is a link, please send.

Tim

|

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sbrader, I also rely on Messages + for my messaging needs, so any issues would definitely concern me as well. We are here to help provide a tip to help bring an end to the troubles this has brought,and get your phone and PC in sync. Since the last update, have you tried uninstalling the recent update to the app on your mobile phone? Depending on your phone model, the steps may be different. What phone make/model are you using? 

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sheets67

I have a Samsung galaxy S6.  I updated the app through your push notification.  Yesterday I received an email from mathursan in support stating I need to update the PC app software to v 2.0.1.0.  I am running v 1.0.17.  However, there is nothing on the Verison website showing an updated PC App and that support person did not send a link to the updated PC software download.  I replied to that email, but have not received a response.  I have pasted that email string just below for your review.

-    

PS - I just logged into the Verizon website and searched the that version of the Message+ app.  Nothing found in the support area and nothing in the forums either.

If there is a link, please send.

Tim

|

|

|

|

0 Likes