Outbox storage capacity suddenly changed by itself - and now messages are deleting automatically
griffgirl

Until a few days ago, my Outbox message storage capacity was DEFINITELY greater than 50. I don't remember the exact number, but I want to say it was more like 150. Either way, when my messages were getting full, I'd receive the warning of what percent it was full, and to delete them.

NOW my outbox will now only store 50 messages, and is automatically deleting its oldest messages to keep the quantity at 50. I have checked and rechecked, and I do not have Auto Delete enabled. Plus, there is no way to create individual settings for my Inbox vs. Outbox - the settings apply to the messages as a whole. My inbox storage has been unaffected.

I haven't made ANY changes to the settings on my phone whatsoever in quite some time, and haven't done anything to change the settings for texts since I got the phone over a year ago. Oh yeah - and I HAVE tried resetting my phone by removing the battery.

Any ideas what the heck is going on here? Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Outbox storage capacity suddenly changed by itself - and now messages are deleting automatically
griffgirl

So last week I took my phone to Verizon to inquire about this, and to get my phone's software updated. They told me they thought that maybe because I was a few versions behind, it sort of enabled a "bug" so to speak, which is why my outbox would only hold 50 texts.

The rep who helped me was VERY nice and attentive, and went so far as to get me a replacement phone, which I've had for 3 days now. Today I noticed though that my outbox is STILL limited to 50 texts.

Is this a change in the software, or a bug in the software? I searched the internet and it appears that the Voyager should be capable of holding 100 texts in the inbox, outbox and drafts. I never have 100 drafts, so my inbox and outbox held more obviously. Right now my inbox is at 63 and is storing texts normally while my outbox remains stuck at 50, deleting the old texts as it goes along.

Does anyone else have this problem?!

0 Likes
Re: Outbox storage capacity suddenly changed by itself - and now messages are deleting automatically
griffgirl

I'm on handset #3 now, and it's still doing it. LG says on their forum that this definately isn't normal. Kinda running out of options; I don't want to keep replacing the handset and I don't want to replace it w/a different model, as other than this issue, I REALLY like this phone!

Does anyone have any suggestions at this point?

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
Well, it sounds to me like your phone is designed to save/delete messages this way no matter what LG says. This is not uncommon; what manufacturers SAY their phones will do and what they actually DO are sometimes two very different things. The bottom line here seems to be that if you want to keep this model you'll just have to put up with it. If it's an issue of wanting to keep certain messages, I suggest locking the ones you really want so they don't auto delete themselves.
0 Likes
griffgirl

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was designed to do this, since I've been using the Voyager for a year and a half, and the problem just began a month ago.

Further, my Sent box now saves 52 sent messages, up from 50. Just randomly. All by itself. I highly doubt LG programmed this as a "feature".

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
Do you have a lot of other data stored on your phone's memory? Maybe it's an issue of the box capping at 50 because there's no available memory to store more than that.
0 Likes
JasonAllerdings
Contributor - Level 1

Hmm - I have the older Voyager with current software and here is what I found:

Inbox 300 messages (200 SMS, 100 MMS)

Outbox 100 messages (50 SMS, 50 MMS)

Draft ? (If I don't send it, I generally don't keep it).

And when they changed the delete set-up a few back it became both in and out boxes.

0 Likes
griffgirl

That would be fabulous if it were just that - it was the first thing I checked (well, after checking and finding that my software was out of date at the time)

Here's my "stats":

Phone Info:

SW: VX10KV12

PRL: PRL 51567

ERI: ERI 4

Browser: Q05A1-3.8

Media Center: 3.1.1.83

AVR: mVoice 2.36.1

MMS: L12.37R

Bluetooth: 1.2

MSUI: 10.0

HW: Revision 1.0

Memory:

Pics, Vids & Sounds saved to card.

Phone Memory Usage: Total used 32.0 MB; Available: 145.0 MB

Card Usage: Total used: 29.2 MB; Available: 1907.6 MB

No multi-media messages stored on my phone or locked down in the in (or sent or drafts) box. I'd say I've got plenty of memory available.

Poop. :smileywink:

0 Likes