Out of the country incoming text messages

I will be out of the country and would like to receive emergency phone calls from my family if need be. If someone is unaware that I am not in the country & sends me a text or one of the automated texts comes from Verizon will I be charged if I don’t open the text? I want to be available if there is an emergency back home but I also don’t want to rack up charges on incoming text. Is there a way to block text messaging while I am aboard?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Out of the country incoming text messages
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

312 wrote:

I will be out of the country and would like to receive emergency phone calls from my family if need be. If someone is unaware that I am not in the country & sends me a text or one of the automated texts comes from Verizon will I be charged if I don’t open the text? I want to be available if there is an emergency back home but I also don’t want to rack up charges on incoming text. Is there a way to block text messaging while I am aboard?

Even if you don't open the text message, you'll still be billed for it. You can block texting.Just before going out of the country call customer care & ask to block all outoging & incoming messages. Then when you return back home you can unblock it.

0 Likes