Re: Oreo update, message plus
JKH32

I have a different but similar issue... I had many specific text tone notifications set up and after the update every text notification is the default.

It's not the end of the world but it's a pain to find everyone and change it because you have to go inside a text with that person to get to their individual settings. Anyone know why that would happen or am I missing an easy fix?

0 Likes
LenniePaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same issue. I can't even set a default tone for all of my contacts. I'll set a default tone for everyone in the main customization setting, but it keeps reverting back to the Verizon tone . The only way I can make everyone have the same custom tone I want, is to go to each conversation, click the 3 dots, then customize. In there I have to set the same tone for everyone .That could take me forever .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it can be a bummer to find out that all your ringtones have changed to the default JKH32. I am sure we will figure this out together. What is the make/model of your device? Have you restarted your phone? What messaging application did you use? 

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important that you are able to set the default tone for your all of your contacts within Messages+, LenniePaz. To do so, go to Message+ > Menu > Customize > Tones > Sound, that will change the default notification sound for all messages in Message+. Does this provide clarity?

0 Likes
LenniePaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what I did, and it's not working. Every text defaults to the Verizon Tone, and Vibrate .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
LenniePaz, thank you and everyone for troubleshooting with us. We understand how important is for the messaging app to work correctly. Can you tell me the make and model of your phone? Follow this link for other troubleshooting options: 

http://spr.ly/6585DZ099

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LenniePaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung Galaxy S8

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thank you for that detail, LenniePaz. We're still here working with you. Can you tell what messaging application you use? Are there any other notifications that are defaulting?

MelissaP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KATCLA45

Was anyone able to get a resolution for getting the text LED notification back to green?

0 Likes
Tretzen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the HTC 10, ever since the Oreo update, Message+ no longer gives me an audio or vibrate notification when receiving a text (even though notifications are on).  I also no longer get a red bubble with number of unread messages, just the green dot.  I get the message icon in the bar at the top of the screen, but that's it.  Please help!

0 Likes