Online Verizon Messages two-factor authentication paradox.
UbiquitousNovelty
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Verizon Messages web app is a convenient feature when I have limited cell connectivity but access to the internet. This convenience is contradicted however by the two-factor authentication protocol which requires a code to be sent to my phone. I understand that two-factor improves security, but in this case it also makes this feature somewhat useless.

Labels (1)
Re: Online Verizon Messages two-factor authentication paradox.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

UbiquitousNovelty, 

Your account safety and security it a priority, and we thank you for your feedback. We want to be sure that we are on the same page, to provide you with a resolution. Are you not receiving the code? Please elaborate and describe what is happening.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
UbiquitousNovelty
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response. The system seems to work as intended. I am able to receive a code and log in. My complaint was more about the fact that in the scenarios where the messaging web app is most useful to me (for example, I'm at work and can't have my cell phone with me, but could still check my messages with the web app), I wouldn't be able to see the verification code because I wouldn't have my phone with me. That's why I called it a paradox: in order to use the alternative messaging tool I must still be able to use the primary messaging tool, in which case, what use is the alternative tool?

Scrapbooker50

I have the same problem.  I ABSOLUTELY HATE 2-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION.  Give me the choice to keep it or turn it off.  I log in regularly because I have to print my bill for work and for various reasons.  I have not turned it on for my I-Tunes account simply because I don't want the hassle.  I want to log in and do what I need to do.  I don't want to have to wait for a code and go through the hassle.

0 Likes
arnoldziffel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine IS turned off and customer service said it's turned off.....and I still get nagged with it every single time I log into my account from my computer. (And its the same computer every time). I don't seem to have an option to register the device so I can end this nightmare.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand where you are coming from regarding this concern. We do take account security very seriously. I will lift up this feedback to the appropriate party. We apologize for any inconvenience.

MarshallP_VZW

0 Likes
1copper1

Hello,  I am not getting 2 Step code via online text.  Any help for this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to receive the code you need to access the account. I am here to help! Send us a Private Message to get started. 

*Terean

0 Likes