On OS X, text entered into the message box just disappears, after a short time. It occurs every 30 seconds. The text entry field will then display "Type a message...".
ChrisRallis
Enthusiast - Level 2

On OS X, text entered into the message box just disappears, after a short time.  It occurs at exactly 30 second intervals.  The text entry field will then display "Type a message...".  This is incredibly frustrating.  It makes the OS X application nearly unusable.  My OS version is 10.11.5 (15F34). Message+.app is version 2.0.1.  I believe this started happening a while after the last January Messages+ update.  It may have coincided with the 10.11.4 OS update, but I am not sure.  I think the most important pieces of information are:

• 30 second intervals
    • From application start, changing conversations has no effect on timing
  • Only happens in a conversation
    • Does not happen in a new message without a recipient
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: On OS X, text entered into the message box just disappears, after a short time. It occurs every 30 seconds. The text entry field will then display "Type a message...".
Not applicable

HI ChrisRallis,

The developers are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it.

If you'd like to schedule a troubleshooting session, please email me directly at the email below.

VERIZONMESSAGES@verizonwireless.com

-ALIEM

VERIZONMESSAGES

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: On OS X, text entered into the message box just disappears, after a short time. It occurs every 30 seconds. The text entry field will then display "Type a message...".
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sounds like we have some work to do ChrisRallis. I can understand this being frustrated and I want to make sure this is fixed for you right away. What make/model phone do you have? Does this happen with all of your current conversations or just a specific contact? Have you tried deleting the application and installing it once again?

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ChrisRallis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Nexus 6P.  This does not happen on my Windoes 7 or 8.1 machines.  It happens with all conversations, group and single recipient.  I have deleted the app and reinstalled it from the app store.  That had no effect.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChrisRallis,

I appreciate all you have done. We know how important it is to be able to send messages as you need. While the Nexus 6P is not a device that is supported by Verizon Wireless so applications may not perform as efficiently as possible, I would like to ask you a few more questions. Do you know of any others with the Nexus 6P that is using Verizon Messages and is having the same issue? Do you have this issue with the message disappearing when using the stock messaging application on the device?

LindseyT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: On OS X, text entered into the message box just disappears, after a short time.  It occurs every 30 seconds.  The text entry field will then display "Type a message...".
ChrisRallis
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I know of others using Verizon Messages with the 6P.  The message only disappears on the Mac client on OS X.  It does not happen on the phone.

Re: On OS X, text entered into the message box just disappears, after a short time.  It occurs every 30 seconds.  The text entry field will then display "Type a message...".
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying this information, ChrisRallis. Have you tried to use a different browser on the Mac Client?

LeoL_VZW

0 Likes
ChrisRallis
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem is only with the native client that is distributed through the Apple "App Store" on OS X, which is not through any particular web browser.  I have never used VZ Messages outside of native clients (Windows, Mac, or Android). 

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI ChrisRallis,

The developers are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it.

If you'd like to schedule a troubleshooting session, please email me directly at the email below.

VERIZONMESSAGES@verizonwireless.com

-ALIEM

VERIZONMESSAGES

0 Likes
ChrisRallis
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good to hear.  If I can be of any assistance in reproducing the issue, please let me know.

0 Likes