Obtaining text messages through email
blueyeguy34
Enthusiast - Level 2

i would like to forward my text messages from my phone to my email account automatically.  Its tough to read text when im driving all day.  Can i do this right from the Verizon website or is there some option on the phone.  I don't care about who/when it was from as there are only 3 people who text me for my business.  I'm just looking for the content. Thanks  My phone is the lg envy 2 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Obtaining text messages through email
blueyeguy34
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok thanks thats what i thought

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pcola_barbie

i've never seen an auto forward feature for text messages...maybe someone has a work around for that.  

you could try having those people text directly to your email account and skip the forwarding altogether.  once they set that address as part of their contacts it should go right thru and be waiting for you when you open your mail.  

hope this helps.

xox, p'cola

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

p'cola is correct - there is no way to automatically forward text messages. And her solution is a good one - although it will involve "retraining" your contacts to text to your email address.  If they set that up as the primary or default address though, it will work.  If it's only 3 you are concerned about, then it's not too much.

Let us know....

0 Likes
blueyeguy34
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for all your answers.  The hard part will be making them change it on their phone.  Also another question is it possible to remove my micro-sd card from the envy 2 and download it to a portable reader so when i get back to the office i can download pictures from that day.  What i want to do is remove the sd card, download it to a portable reader and then insert the card back into the phone.  i would then have the reader to download onto my laptop any pictures that i took that day because most of the time the phone stays in the office...

0 Likes
blueyeguy34
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also if there is such a device could i buy it say in Best Buy??

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your laptop does not already have an SD slot, you can pick up a USB reader just about anywhere (Best Buy, Office Max, Staples, probably even Wal-Mart!).  You may also need to get an adapter; my phone (as does yours) uses a Micro SD, and I bought it with an adapter so it will fit the SD slot on my laptop.  I use it all the time to dump the pictures from my phone to the computer....

HTH,

0 Likes
blueyeguy34
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks suzy but just to clarify, i can download the sd card right to a reader go about my buisness and later on download that reader onto my computer without the sd card being present.  I want the sd reader to play a middle man position and hold the photos until i download them

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The reader is just that, a reader - it allows the computer to see the card.  It's not a "middle man" or a holding pen for the photos - they will go from the card to the computer directly.  The reader needs to be hooked up to the computer to use.  The SD card is effectively the "middle man" in all this.  Phone takes pictures, saves them to the card, you take the card and transfer pics to computer, then put card back in the phone.  Why add an extra storage step into the process?

0 Likes
blueyeguy34
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok thanks thats what i thought

0 Likes