Notification of new text on phone disappears if Verizon Messages Windows App is open
SIMSZY94
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

My Message+ app on my Android phone is set to put a notification in the notification bar whenever I receive a new text.  Whenever I am *not* working on my computer, this works as expected. 

But when I am working on my computer (where I have the Windows Verizon Messages Windows App running on my machine because it's easier to quickly respond to texts that way), the new text notification on my phone disappears as soon as a new text arrives -- as if the Messages Windows App on my computer marks the text as read on my phone.  This happens even if the Messages Windows App on the computer is running in the background behind other windows.  As a result, because the text notification on my phone disappears almost immediately, when I am working on my computer I often miss new incoming messages.  If I don't happen to be looking at my phone, I might get a new text message and only notice it much later because the phone doesn't show a new text notification.  This happens even when I walk away from my computer and the screen locks... as long as the Verizon Messages Windows App is running on my computer in the background, messages are marked as read on my phone. 

This has become a recurring frustration, and there doesn't seem to be any setting on the Windows app related to this.  Can Verizon update the Windows App so that it doesn't mark messages as read on the user's phone?  Especially when the App is running in the background.  

Thanks!

- Simon

0 Likes
Re: Notification of new text on phone disappears if Verizon Messages Windows App is open
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SIMSZY94, 

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have your text notifications disappear on your phone! At this time, there is no way to adjust the setting, so if your messages are open on your computer, it will recognize the message as read on your phone. I will lift up your suggestions to our leadership team, to see if they can be included in a future update. 

MichelleH_VZW 

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Notification of new text on phone disappears if Verizon Messages Windows App is open
Naone
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this issue as well.  Any update on progress on changing this behavior.  This is especially troublesome when I leave my computer running at work over the weekend and I get no notifications for the weekend until I go back to my computer and shut down the windows app.

OP, have you found any workaround?  I find that the only messages that get automatically marked as read are those that are part of the message thread that is open in the windows app.  Other threads seem to show the unread box and notification on both the windows app and the phone app.

0 Likes