Note5 & Messages + Backup (unable to)
forJAT

Unfortunately I believe my Note 5 is taking a dump.  I need to pull my text message history off of the phone so I can restore it to hopefully after a factory reset or to a new phone.  Is there any way to do this?  I can not find an option to back it up anywhere in the application and the Verizon messages folder is empty in the directory (yes I can see messages in the application going back almost 4 years.)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't know if the back up option is not available to me because the Note 5 does not have an SD card slot.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note5 & Messages + Backup (unable to)
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

forJAT​ ,

We apologize for the delay in response. Being able to back up your content before a factory reset is super important and know that this was an urgent matter for you. With the Verizon Messages Application you are able to save up to 90 days of message history. Click on the link to learn more Verizon Messages (Message+) FAQs | Verizon Wireless . However as tikibar1​ suggested, there are other applications to keep your messages backed up.

Keep us posted if you have any additional questions.

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes
shaaza_vzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello !

I am from the Message+ (aka Verizon Messages) team. Lets solve this issue together and for that I will need your assistance.

Kindly email us @ verizonmessages@verizonwireless.com and let's take it from there.

Please don't forget to mention, name and info for any and all devices involved. (there are way too many out there!)

Note the following version numbers for the most recent update on all supported platforms. Please make sure your app is running one of them.

Android 6.4.1

iOS - 2.4

Windows - 1.0.17.0  /  or the built for Windows 10

MAC - 2.0.2

Best Regards,

- Shaaz @ VZMessages

0 Likes
forJAT

This morning  there was a reply ffrom Shaaza_vzw asking me email verizonmessages@verizonwireless.com. i did that and have not gotten a response. I came back here and the post is no longer here..

Anyone have advice on how to back up my entire messages+ history? I am going to have to factory reset or get a new phone.

To further complicate this my charge/data port is not functioning correctly. I can upload a backup file to dropbox/google drive or verizon cloud. I just need to know how to create it.

Thank you

0 Likes
forJAT

Okay I know ya'll are slammed right now with the updates ....   but can someone please point me in the right direction?

I don't know why the post below is missing from the thread now ..

Message Edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd suggest using a text backup and restore app from the Play Store, especially with all the current issues being reported on the forum regarding Cloud and Verizon Messages.  An example is:

SMS Backup & Restore - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

forJAT​ ,

We apologize for the delay in response. Being able to back up your content before a factory reset is super important and know that this was an urgent matter for you. With the Verizon Messages Application you are able to save up to 90 days of message history. Click on the link to learn more Verizon Messages (Message+) FAQs | Verizon Wireless . However as tikibar1​ suggested, there are other applications to keep your messages backed up.

Keep us posted if you have any additional questions.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes