Note 9s caller sometimes gets 2 rings goes to voicemail (network extender)
RUSS129
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 9's purchased (paid off) from Verizon and have them for over 2 years now but a few months ago we added a Verizon 4G LTE Network extender to get more than 1 bar of reception in our home.

It seems like since then when we get calls it sometimes rings twice on the callers end and goes straight to voice mail. But we don't get a ring or even a missed call notice. If a voicemail is left it sometimes takes hours to show up.

I call my wife on her Note 9 from my Note 9 (same account) from work during the week and it happens quite often... "Sometimes" I can text her and then call back and it goes through.

Have also had text messages take hours to show up.

Our daughter lives out of state and has a non-Verizion iPhone and gets this when calling either of us quite often.

I have switched off of Global network to LTE as one Verizion post suggested being on the Global network at times can cause issues.

Paying you all over $200 a month for this craptastic service is sure leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Re: Note 9s caller sometimes gets 2 rings goes to voicemail (network extender)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is very concerning to hear that your service is not working properly, RUSS129. Has this issue been since you had the Network Extender? What color lights are being displayed on the extender? Do you know the download and upload speeds of your home internet? 

MarshallP_VZW

Tags (1)
0 Likes
RUSS129
Enthusiast - Level 2

The extender is a big black box and does not have colored lights beyond the network connector itself

It is a Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender

• 9/13 satellites connected
  • 2/14 devices connected

We do get full bars and 4G with it on...

Internet we have hardwired 200Mb internet 32 channels down 4 channels up - all radios off (no wi-fi)  at 200Mb down 20Mb up (6-9ms latency)

0 Likes
RUSS129
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am starting to wonder if this does not by chance coincide with the new 5G rollout...

0 Likes
RUSS129
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know it's lame to not have good service... What else do you need to know to help get this resolved?

0 Likes
RUSS129
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I have updated the Note 9's to 2 Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra's and we will see if that makes a difference...

0 Likes