Not receiving texts
petallrose

I can not receive text messages from one of my contacts. I have tried powering the phone down, taking out the battery, everything I can think of. I was able to get messages from them like 2 weeks ago but now nothing. The person receives my messages but when they reply or try to send me messages I never get them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving texts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Couple of things to check.

Dial *228, option 1 to reprogram your phone to the Verizon network. No data will be lost.

Have that person you are having trouble with verify that your phone number is saved on their phone with the full ten digit mobile number xxx-xxx-xxxx format. They may need to delete the contact, reboot the phone and then add the information back into the phone.

You can also check with Verizon customer service and see if you had set up a block on your phone number to prevent you from receiving messages from this person.

Also since you mention it is from this one contact and no one else, the odds are the problem resides on their phone more than yours

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Couple of things to check.

Dial *228, option 1 to reprogram your phone to the Verizon network. No data will be lost.

Have that person you are having trouble with verify that your phone number is saved on their phone with the full ten digit mobile number xxx-xxx-xxxx format. They may need to delete the contact, reboot the phone and then add the information back into the phone.

You can also check with Verizon customer service and see if you had set up a block on your phone number to prevent you from receiving messages from this person.

Also since you mention it is from this one contact and no one else, the odds are the problem resides on their phone more than yours

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Everything Ann154 said.

0 Likes
JunkPunch

So I have the same problem, but I'm not receiving text from multiple sources. I also have the Eris, and this has happened before. Last time, I plugged in to my computer via usb, and it fired right up for whatever reason. No such luck this time. This forum is my last resort before heading to the store tomorrow afternoon.

I believe the cause was from un-mounting my sd card to share some music with my brother while I was out of town this weekend, and afterwards text communication went black.

Things I have done:

*228 1 and 2

*#*#checkin#*#*

Hard reset

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
michaelskymoon

When I put in *228 it says "Number not allowed"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll get everything taken care of for you michaelskymoon! *228 only works for 3G devices so lets take a closer look. What phone make model do you have? What zip code are you locate in?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes