Not receiving text messages while traveling internationally
MadDogMike

My wife and I are new to Verizon and we have the "More Everything" plane, which is suppose to include international text messaging at no additional cost. We live in the US and have US numbers. Right now, I'm in Brazil and we're trying to text each other. She is receiving my texts but I'm not receiving hers. How can this be fixed?

Also, how can I receive support when traveling abroad? I tried Live Chat and it's grayed out, even though I'm within the operating hours. Very frustrating!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving text messages while traveling internationally
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

You have misunderstood the International Messaging feature that is included with the MORE Everything Plan.

It allows you to SEND messages to International phone numbers (other than US) while you are physically located within your coverage area (ie in the US).

It does not allow you to send and receive messages while you are physically located outside your service coverage area.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/overlays/more-everything-all-included.html

* Unlimited Messaging is for sending and receiving (i )text messages (also known as SMS) and multimedia messages (also known as MMS) - including picture, video, voice, audio, location, group and contact messages - in the United States; (ii) text and multimedia messages sent via email; (iii) text and multimedia messages with customers of wireless carriers on participating networks in Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands. Premium Messaging programs not included.

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving text messages while traveling internationally
MadDogMike

In other words, if you're correct, this "feature" is completely devoid of all value. If this is correct, one again I have been misled and there is no point in continuing with Verizon.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/overlays/more-everything-all-included.html

• More Unlimited International Messaging. Unlimited International Messaging included.

The notion that this means one can "send" be not "receive" international messages is patently absurd.  If this is true it is yet another example of misrepresentation on the part of Verizon personal and there is no point in staying with such a devious company.

0 Likes