Not receiving short code messages on Message+
christinalturner
Enthusiast - Level 1

My iPhone XS Max recently broke and while I am still able to use iMessage via my phone number, sending and receiving text messages are nearly impossible. I found out that I would be able to receive SMS texts through the message+ web browser however I am not receiving any short code texts. Many of my accounts require 2 factor authentication but I cannot confirm my identity because these accounts are connected with my phone number. Is message + via web browser unable to receive short code messages? If it is possible, does anyone know how to fix this problem? I cannot download the app because I also need access to my phone number to do so.

Re: Not receiving short code messages on Message+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you get the assistance you need. What browser are you using? Is there an option to send a securePIN to your email?

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
christinalturner
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am currently using firefox. Would it help if I use safari or google chrome? There is no option to send a secure pin to my email.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! Please try both Chrome or Safari, and let us know if you run into the same issue. CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
mthurmond
Enthusiast - Level 1

Were you able to get short code messages working using Message+ in your web browser? It still isn't working for me. 

0 Likes