Not receiving confirmation text to my iPhone when on WiFi
DAGEE446

I do not receive confirmation texts from Verizon.  When at home I do not have cellular signal - only WiFi.  I tried to use the Verizon app to check my data and it decided to do a verification - and texted me a code.  I did not receive the code.  The same thing happened when I installed Message Plus on my tablet.  I did not receive the code as a text until I had cellular signal.  Is there a way to enable ALL incoming texts to display?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving confirmation text to my iPhone when on WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues Dagee446. Text messaging does use our network. You would need a cellular signal to receive these messages. Let's look into your coverage area. What zip code are you in? When did these coverage issues start? Does this happen on all Verizon devices in the area?

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DAGEE446

Our official zip code is 80540, which is Lyons, CO.  However, we are about

3 miles from Allenspark, CO, 80510.  We recently moved to this area, which

is in the mountains, and there is no cellular service there.  We recently

started using Message+ via our WiFi.  Confirmation texts do not come in via

Message+.  However, all other text messages come in over our WiFi to

Message+.

By the way,  We would LOVE it if Verizon would erect a tower in our

area!!  

Thanks,

Doug [removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry those kinds of messages do need our network. We do invest billions every year in our network. I'm hopeful service will improve in that area soon.

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes