Not receiving Messenger+ security code
EandE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trying to get Messenger+ set up on a Windows PC but am not receiving a text to iPhone with the security code. Why? I have provided the primary Verizon cell phone number in the Startup window.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving Messenger+ security code
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@EandE

I want you to be able to successfully send and receive your text messages from your Windows PC.

Do you currently have a My Verizon online account setup? If so, you can create and send a text message via your My Verizon account online by following these steps: http://vz.to/2hwFLaT.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EandE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do have a MyVerizon account set up. When I follow the text messaging instructions provided, I receive the following message: "This mobile number does not have permission to send messages and cannot sign up for this service. Please contact the account owner for this mobile number to change permissions." 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the iPhone you  are expecting to receive the security code (authorization code) on the same phone number you are trying to sync messages with?  Is that phone on a plan that has texting?  It sounds like the number you are trying to sync messages + with does not have texting ability.

What device is the the mobile number that "does not have permission...." connected to?

0 Likes
EandE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your thoughts. Problem has been resolved. Apparently there was some kind of block put on when we changed to a new plan (which does include texting BTW).

0 Likes