Not getting txt from Non vzw carriers
Joshua5674

I noticed this Wednesday (8 April 2009) that I could send messages to any carrier and they would show up just fine but people on non vzw service providers messages were not making it to my phone.  I was sitting with two of my buddies, one uses AT&T and the other uses sprint.  Both were able to get txts from me, but when they sent messages to my phone i was not receiving them.  I called verizon and they said this was forwarded to a tech support team and I would get resolution within 3 to 5 days.

A few of my friends are having this problem now also with not receiving messages from non verizon providers.

My question is; is this isolated to my area or is this something that routinely happens randomly etc?

Any insight from people who've had this happen before would be greatly appreciated and of course any resolution tips would be awesome too.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not getting txt from Non vzw carriers
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2

Normally, this is an issue when you initally port a number in from another carrier.

It could be an issue with your area. There was an issue a couple days ago where there were SMS issues across the country. Its possible its in your local area. If you have further questions or concerns, contact VZW Technical Support @ 1-866-221-4096

0 Likes
Joshua5674
I called the number you listed but the guy was telling me that it's nothing to do with anything controlled by verizon, that it's likely a problem with At&t, tmobile, and sprint...that just sounded odd to me.  My other verizon friends are able to get text messages from the numbers that are unable to send to me....so I'm completely lost.  My brother said he had this happen (he's in maryland and im in ca) andhe said T Mobile and AT&T Are GSM Phones (whatever that means?) and Verizon is on a CDMA Network.  He told me I'll need to call Verizon, tell them the problem, they may have typed something wrong in the code for my phone?  Does that make any sense, cause I'm completely confused =\
0 Likes
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
I would still think its a problem on VZW's side. Check with a different rep w/ VZW Tech Support. Sometimes you'll get a rep that is plain dumb.
0 Likes
lowrance
Contributor - Level 2
ive had this trouble some with sms and  too often with mms messages. it turns into a blame game vzw blames the other carrier as being at fault and if you would call the other carrier they will tell you it is vzw that is the problem. but i believe every carrier has language that says they make every effort to ensure messages are delievered but once it leaves their network they cannot guarentee it will be properly delievered. you mite try having them send it as an email to your #@vtext.com or for a mms,  @vzwpix.com and that works
0 Likes
Minniehaha99
I had that same problem, went round and round with Verizon and ATT, I carried my number over from Virgin Mobile and that was the problem, I got a new number from Verizon and now have no problems. It took me a month and a half to figure this out.
0 Likes
badlander

I'm having the same issue!!  I just switched from AT&T to Verizon a week ago.  Purchased a LG Voyager.  I can send/receive text to all carriers (so far...from what I can tell) except from Cincinnatti Bell Wireless.  I can SEND a text to them but can't receive them. Unfortunately, 3 of these people are in my top 5 and is who I keep in contact with the most. Not being able to text takes away 3/4 of the way we communicate during the day.  I called VZW Tech support right away and was on the phone with them for about an hour.  They created a case to their "engineers" 6 days ago and I have heard nothing back other than "it hasn't been resolved yet."  I was with AT&T for almost 5 years and never had any issues.  I'm a new customer and this doesn't give me a good feeling about Verizon support.  I may just wind up going back to AT&T if this is how this is going to work.    

0 Likes
BradC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Josh and Badlander, your messages have been sent to the proper Verizon Wireless point-of-contact. They will be contacting you soon to assist you in this matter.

Good luck!

Brad

Message Edited by BradC on 04-16-2009 04:43 PM
0 Likes
august8
I too have this problem and it is a major issue because one of the people who don't get my text messages is my boss.  She called Sprint and they said it isn't on their end.  I switched my number from Virgin 3 years ago. I am not switching my number so that isn't an option.  Can you help me out.   
0 Likes
EdwinB512
I had spoken with technical support yesterday was given that there was nothing they could do. They had me reset my phone. That didn't change anything. I just got a LG Versa last month. I had previously been able to get text messages from people who have AT@T then it all of a sudden stopped. They get my text messages. It's the only carrier I cannot get text messages from. Any assistance is greatly appreciated
0 Likes