Not getting texts from twitter..."Premium Messaging"
Lizzy1520
Okay so I had been getting messages when some one was following me or when someone sent me a message. About a week or so ago I got a message that said "Premium Messaging to this mobile number has been blocked. Only the account owner may request a change to this setting with his/her wireless service provider.." Whats going on? I've been doing it for months now and its NOW all of a sudden tell me that I can't. I dunno what that means...any help?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not getting texts from twitter..."Premium Messaging"
Blackout
Enthusiast - Level 3
Call customer service to find out if you have premium text messaging blocked. This could have happened if someone blocked internet on your phone.
0 Likes
vegaslady

I am unable to send/receive twitter updates, even though premium texting isn't blocked on my accout!! i did *228 and it still isn't working... it has been working perfectly up until 2 days ago when it all of a sudden stopped.

i called customer service, and since i'm not the primary account person they won't help me. what could be wrong with it?? it's not twitter because other people i'm following can send their tweets via SMS, but not me!!

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
you definitely have a PREM SMS block on your account if you're getting that message that says "premium messaging to this number is blocked". Your account owner most likely blocked it on your line, so discuss it with them first and let them know what you're using it for. Twitter SMS is a free service but it does require that PREM SMS be unblocked. So discuss it with your account owner to get it unblocked.
0 Likes
vegaslady
my account says it's not blocked... i was just on the account and looked. it's unchecked.. is there any other way to tell why they're not going through withuot calling customer service?
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Vegaslady, I didn't realize you were a different person than the original poster. For you i would suggest making sure you have the mobile option set up on your twitter account; do this from the web directly and make sure your phone # is validated and all that good stuff.

Then try doing a battery pull while the phone is on then *228 and option 1 again.

0 Likes